Page 26 of 39 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Thread: Mira's adventures **trigger warnings**

Morning, my lovely, how are you doing?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Knight of Spamswotting by Highest order of Chufty Badges Jarre's Avatar
    Morning mate how are you? Whats the plan today and have you got any relaxation or distraction to do tonight and this weekend?

Morning lovely!
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Hi Mira
    Here is an easy recipe for Victoria sponge cake, and I'll tell you how you can also make a rich choc. cake with almost the same recipe.

Firstly, can you get hold of tubs of spreadable butter? Or better still tubs of spreadable cake margarine. The reason I say this is because the spreadable stuff will keep the sponge soft and fluffy. If not just use ordinary butter.

Grease and line the bottoms of 2 18cm cake tins. Oven to 160 degC (Fan) You can put all the ingredients in a bowl together.

170 grams Self Raising Flour (add half teaspoon of Baking Powder) sieved.
    170 grams Caster sugar (it's a bit finer than ordinary sugar)
    170 grams spreadable margarine or butter
    3 large eggs
    1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Beat all ingredients together for a couple of minutes with handheld electric mixer. Put half the mixture in each tin. Smooth the tops with a knife.
    Place in the middle of the oven and bake for about 25 minutes, or until cakes are risen and golden and coming away from the sides of the tins slightly.
    After 5 minutes of cooling in tins turn cakes out onto a cooling rack. You can sandwich together with cream and jam or whatever you like. Soft fruit is nice.

If you want to make a rich choc cake:

Use the same ingredients and method as above, but take 55grams of the flour out and replace with 55 grams of cocoa powder.

If you want a nice rich choc icing, put 55 grams of the same marge/butter used in cake into a bowl, add 28 gms cocoa powder and 100 gms icing sugar together and sieve into the marge/butter. Beat until dark and creamy and fill cake with it and some on top of cake. If you can't be bothered to make the icing get a jar of chocolate spread instead. it's just as nice! Enjoy.

Mira
    Good morning all. I discorvered late last night I passed the exam. At first I laught. I did 30+ hours of study for the first one. And none for this one and...... Same grade.

But today I am already down about it. Because of the same things that come to mind. I am stupid. Why did i do so poorly at my education etc etc. I still feel that way eventhough the teacher sent me a mail saying only 4 out of 10 passed. And most work in the field and I dont.

I think i am just glad its over.

Because of my low mood I am going to my mums after work for a cup of tea. And tomorrow I am going to my mums to try and bake my grandmothers cheesecake. If it works i will share the progress.

And bake those regional cookies. After that we will watch the game. We support the same team.

Other then that I want to stay home. Hide a bit. Monday is my day off so i will stay home then as well.

@flo, thanks so much. That sounds so good already. I hope i can try to make that next week. It sounds delicious.

I will see about the butter. But we will make it work. Thanks so much for sharing.

I do want to make the icing myself. That makes it feel more like i made it myself

that’s fantastic! Well done you, you’re awesome
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Walker extraordinaire!
    Congratulations o passing your exam. That's big good news and to be celebrated.
    I suggest celebrating with cake
    Check out my Calandoniacrochet Facebook page.

Oh well done on passing your exam...you're a clever girl! Enjoy your time at mums.xxx

Congratulations on passing your exam. You deserve a treat and you should be so proud of yourself.
    A nice chocolate cake would go down a treat.

Knight of Spamswotting by Highest order of Chufty Badges Jarre's Avatar
    Grats on the exam I hate exams, I always had anxiety before them and had mind blanks, you should be pleased with yourself that despite the moods you are currently in you still managed to do the exam, pass it. That my friend is awesome and shows you inside that you do have strength and you can use some of that to help you climb out of the pit you currently feel you are in.