Page 13 of 39 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Mira's adventures **trigger warnings**

Mira
    Thanks, you all make me smile. I need to gdt out of feeling this way though.

Maybe you could start by trying to train your brain that we think you're a good person and we want you around?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Mira
    That would be awesome. I can not wait for therapy to start. But that might still be a year.

The sad part is that if you look for things that are not going well. Or signals that you are a bad person. They can be seen. And that makes everything real in my mind.

I do think that tuning online things down. But i need to be careful not to go into hiding again.

And i need to get rid of the SH thoughts.

Trouble is, online, you can find a site like DWD where we all work hard to ensure this is a positive, welcoming environment for everybody but you can also find trolls - and it’s hard to deal with trolls when you’re feeling well, it’s impossible when you’re not well.

Mira, love, you are not a bad person ....
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Librarian and chief holder of antiquities and biscuits Jaquaia's Avatar
    Totally agree with Paula. You are so kind and compassionate
    Tên përdu, jhamâi së rëcôbro

I think you really are so kind, caring and very much loved and wanted here. We all miss you when you aren't around....
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Mira
    Well i am trying my best not to leave.

Today in the mail I received a letter from the organization that handles my intake and possible a treatment. The letter was about the findings so far. I wanted to share them here.

According to the dsm-5 (no idea if thats a dutch thing or international one) i have an avoiding personality disorder with compulsive characteristics.
    And a persistent depresive disorder. And a history of self harm.

They want to run further tests and interviews. To see if there are more vulnerabilities and/or if there might be a developmental disorder.

These may still take a while. And then eventual treatment even longer.

I do think they got me spot on. But this is feeding all my insecurities and bad thoughts. Especially after what happened yesterday online.

I am just glad it's almost bedtime.

I do want to apologize for not being more active on other peoples threads. Sorry for that.

Librarian and chief holder of antiquities and biscuits Jaquaia's Avatar
    You never need to apologise for not contributing to other threads lovely. You know how it works here, if you are able to contribute then great, if you need to focus on you and contributing to others is too much, then you focus on you

I think the DSM5 is an international thing
    Tên përdu, jhamâi së rëcôbro

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jaquaia For This Useful Post:

OldMike (11-02-19)

Mira
    Thanks, because of the development disorder that might be there its hard to not link it to myself feeling stupid and worthless.

You are neither stupid nor worthless, regardless of any further diagnosis
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post: