Page 12 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Mira's adventures **trigger warnings**

Librarian and chief holder of antiquities and biscuits Jaquaia's Avatar
    No one is better than you, you are our equal in every way, your head is just telling you that you're not. And for the record, I think you are one of the smartest and most compassionate people I know.
    Tên përdu, jhamâi së rëcôbro

Guardian of the North and kipper holder Angie's Avatar
    I agree totally with Jaq hunni
    If you can’t fly, then run, if you can’t run, then walk, if you can’t walk, then crawl, but by all means keep moving.
    Quote by Martin Luther King JR

You are such a warm, kind, funny, caring person and I’m personally honoured that you spend time with us
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Quote Originally Posted by Mira View Post
    Thanks, i am just intimidated lately. Everybody else seems so creative, smart and compassion. And i just sit and stare.

Thats why i distance myself. I dont think i deserve to be around people that are so much better then me.
    Hold on! I think you're measuring yourself against the wrong things! I think you're amazingly smart! How many languages do you speak and write in? I can just about ask how to get to the train station in German but couldn't understand the answers.. I can hold my own in a basic conversation in French but couldn't write it much anymore and I can only remember a few bits in Latin - you use this site which is in a language not native to you and you converse so perfectly not only on your own thread, but you contribute in others too! That's really intelligent!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jaquaia View Post
    No one is better than you, you are our equal in every way, your head is just telling you that you're not. And for the record, I think you are one of the smartest and most compassionate people I know.
    So true!!!
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Mira
    Thanks all, you are all to kind. I am part of a discord group and today people told me that i seek validation and reassurances all the time. I think they are right in thinking that. I see myself as a nice person. But somehow people blocked me there and don't even want to speak to me again. One of them even told me that through instagram.

So now i deleted discord from my phone. And instagram. Maybe i am to fragile for any contact online?

I've never used discord. I have instagram but I'm rubbish about keeping it up - the same with twitter! I don't think you're too fragile for online contact at all, I think maybe you need to be a bit more careful about the ones you choose. I know our school and local police keep sending out alerts suggesting people don't use discord or snapchat etc....

Mira
    This is actually a nice support group i was on with a lot of people that have AvPD. But now I feel like I am the one they warn about. Like i am the weirdo and the freak. I deleted all apps and social things i followed. Its for the best i think. I should stop trying..

Librarian and chief holder of antiquities and biscuits Jaquaia's Avatar
    Well they're wrong as you're lovely. You're missed when you're not around
    Tên përdu, jhamâi së rëcôbro

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jaquaia For This Useful Post:

Angie (10-02-19)

You're very definitely not a freak to us! We love you!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Allalone For This Useful Post: