Page 32 of 39 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast

Thread: Mira's adventures **trigger warnings**

I wish you didn't feel that you had to pretend or hide who you are here - this is about one of the only places I have ever been able to be myself. I wish you had it too lovely.
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

Strugglingmum (19-03-19)

Look at your progress today. You are sitting on the couch, that's a hundred times better than staying in bed.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to magie06 For This Useful Post:

Strugglingmum (19-03-19)

Librarian and chief holder of antiquities and biscuits Jaquaia's Avatar
    The thing you need to remember is that a lot of people have no personal experience of mental illness so don't always know how to deal with it. We do because we've been there ourselves. So we may not always know what to say but we know that sometimes sending a hug is enough. Others might be scared of saying the wrong thing so say nothing or may not know how to respond. That's not down to you being unlikeable lovely. We will never judge.

Also, to be blunt, that's rubbish! Tried and tested that you're not likeable? Well then you must be very different to here then. You always have a kind and encouraging word for others even when you're feeling rubbish yourself. Either you can pretend to be kind and caring incredibly well or you are kind and caring. I think this is who you are and I bet others agree. Can you trust that we believe that even if you don't?
    Tên përdu, jhamâi së rëcôbro

Mira
    I will try. But that goes against every thing i believe about myself.

Stuck between trying to accept this is how it will be. Or keep going on. But to where? A life alone? 39 now. With only one relationschip so far that ended after 2 years. And now no friends.

Thats a long time to be alone. And accepting may be easier. Who wants to be with a guy with a possible few disorders. A chronisch depression and self hate?

I always think of the saying you need to love yourself before you can love someone else. So thats settles that. Then i will be alone forever.

And I want to get better first. But i doubt if thats possible
    After a lot of tries. And not changing anything.

Sorry for complaining all the time. I wish i could change that. But that i can only do by not talking.

Which is not an option as it just makes the darkness deeper and even more lonely.

Maybe you've not got better yet because you haven't had the right treatment yet? And having chronic conditions doesn't mean you will always be alone. You are not your conditions lovely

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jaquaia For This Useful Post:

Flo (20-03-19),Suzi (20-03-19)

Knight of Spamswotting by Highest order of Chufty Badges Jarre's Avatar
    Mira, I am 39, single, last relatioship which wasn't really a 100% relationship was 10 years ago, I understand the lonliness which is why I have some very good friends online who apreciate me for being me and keep me going and the ladies and Mike here keep me ticking along when i am bad and talk some sense into me. We do this because we care but also understand so listen, learn and don't think you are a burden to us, if you were this site wouldn't exist, it is here to help you and others and the key thing with you is to help you give yourself break and actually realise you have alot going for you, you are to hard on yourself and things will improve you jsut need to beleive in that.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jarre For This Useful Post:

Flo (20-03-19),Jaquaia (20-03-19),Suzi (20-03-19)

Sweetheart, I’ve just counted up how many different ‘disorders’ I have. It’s 8. And my husband not only wants to be with me but he also deals with the impact on me, our relationship and our children every single day. And he still loves me, very, very much. Yes, sometimes, I question why he didnt run a mile a long time ago but the answer is simple - he loves every part of me, good and bad, and he’d rather be with me and have to deal with all that entails, than not have me in his life.

Your health is not going to stop someone loving you - that’s proved by the fact you had that for 2 years. But you have to start seeing that the right person will love you and want to be with you regardless of your health. The right person will see all that is wonderful in you, and will embrace all of you.
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

Flo (20-03-19),Jaquaia (20-03-19)

I have a long list of diagnoses and Marc still wants to be with me. He has several mental health issues and I wouldn't be without him. You are brilliant at being hard on yourself and actually you are feeding yourself untruths. You don't have to believe those negative thoughts...
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

Jaquaia (20-03-19)

I can't agree more with Paula and Suzi. We all come with baggage Mira. I don't know why Ian is with me sometimes. He deals with me being a nervous wreck, depressed, impulsive, my total lack of confidence in myself and many more issues. We both love each other to bits though. The bottom line is that two people care about each other and look beyond the problems and habits that we all have. There isn't such a thing as the perfect human being. It's recognising that fact that is most important. One day you'll find that someone that's just made to be with you. This illness that's depression, anxiety and other stuff has the habit of making us beat ourselves up, and tells us to question our worth and self esteem. But the truth is that we're incredibly courageous, loving, creative and kind. It's just a matter of us believing it! So we have to keep telling each other we're OK, it's going to be alright, and give each other the credit we rightly deserve which is what this forum is about. I for one think you're lovely! I'd be really happy to have you as a next door neighbour, and everyone else here for that matter. It's not geographically possible unfortunately but at least we have DWD'ers we can rely on.xx

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Flo For This Useful Post:

Jaquaia (20-03-19),Suzi (20-03-19)

I agree with Paula, Suzi and Flo. I have a few chronic conditions. J has been with me every step of the way through getting help from the secondary mental health services here; he's been there without question when I've been suicidal or self-harmed. He's helped me fasten clothes when my RA has flared up and it's caused me considerable pain to try and do it myself. He loves me for who I am. I asked him if he'd ever thought about walking away from me because of how much hard work I can be and his reply was not even for a second because he loves me. He has quite severe depression at the moment himself and is constantly telling me that he has no idea why I love him, that I could do so much better than him. I love him because he is an amazing human being. He doesn't see that but I keep telling him anyway, just as we will keep telling you.

Knowing how dark his head can be doesn't change how I feel about him, knowing how dark my head can be doesn't change how he feels about me. We're both a bit broken but we are helping put each other back together. Depression is such a small part of who either of us are, your illness isn't all of who you are either and the right person will see the incredible man that you are.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jaquaia For This Useful Post:

Flo (20-03-19),Suzi (20-03-19)