Page 33 of 39 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast

Thread: Mira's adventures **trigger warnings**

Just thought I'd add that when I met Marc I was 20 and I had the prognosis of being in a wheelchair by the time I was 30. I was told I'd never have children. He's seen me at my best, he's seen me at my worst. He's changed pads as I went for my first shower after my first c section with B, he's helped me get dressed and done up my bra more times than I care to think about. When I had my last breast surgery he had to change the stuffing and dressings daily/every other day/every 3 days for around 4 months. All of this and he's still here. He's helped me sort my meds, dyed my hair, washed my hair, helped me put my socks and shoes on and he's still here. He still loves me, he still wants to be with me. He's seen my mobility decline so I went from nothing to using a walking stick, then two sticks, now wally (my 3 wheeled walker) and he even made me an Eva so I could go off tarmac too.
    Just because you aren't in a relationship now it doesn't mean you will be alone forever..
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

Flo (20-03-19),Jaquaia (20-03-19),magie06 (20-03-19),OldMike (20-03-19)

Mira
    Thanks for sharing all those stories. I am so glad that you all found such happiness. Its horrible you all have to have such hardships. But so lovely that its together with such great partners.

Your turn will come when you least expect it!xx

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Flo For This Useful Post:

Mira
    Thanks every one for the support. I will never forget that.

Mira
    I was looking into the settings but there is no place to delete your own profile. Or did I miss it?

Knight of Spamswotting by Highest order of Chufty Badges Jarre's Avatar
    Why would you want to do that?

Librarian and chief holder of antiquities and biscuits Jaquaia's Avatar
    Isolating yourself further isn't going to help lovely
    Tên përdu, jhamâi së rëcôbro

Mira
    I think it will. For days now i was sitting at home. By myself. Hoping that people would talk to me. And nota few posts on discord or a forum. But a phonecall. Or a visit. Or anything. But that does not happen. What does happen is that I stare at my phone feeling sad and alone. Reading sites like reddit and others and that just amplifies the feeling that the world is passing me bye. I am ruining my own happiness and lack of social interaction is doing the rest. If i do switch all of it off maybe I will accept it. And do other things. Like read a book
    Do a puzzle like strugglingmum advised. Anything but look at my phone hoping for something to happen that wont happen. Because of my own fault. I am messed up.

No you can't delete your own profile. Only I can do that.

I wonder why you think that running away from people who genuinely love you is ever going to be a positive. Please don't ask me to delete your profile. I don't want you to not be here....
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Unfortunately, people get caught up with their day to day lives and often don’t make the calls they should. It’s not intentional and it’s not on purpose, time just gets away from us all. I realised earlier today that I haven’t spoken to my brother for almost 2 months - it’s not on purpose or because there’s a problem, it’s just life ....
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post: