Page 36 of 39 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast

Thread: Mira's adventures **trigger warnings**

You’re NOT complaining, you’re just reaching out for support to people who get where you’re coming from - which is the whole reason this forum was set up in the first place
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Librarian and chief holder of antiquities and biscuits Jaquaia's Avatar
    How about you leave this thread and use it to talk about how your head is doing? To use your words, you can complain as much as you want! And start another thread for more everyday general stuff?
    Tên përdu, jhamâi së rëcôbro

Mira
    I was thinking of closing all my threads and just post positive things from now on.

I dont want to keep going on about my sh and how much i hate myself.

Librarian and chief holder of antiquities and biscuits Jaquaia's Avatar
    You already do post positives. But also...Why not? I did at one point. People here knew that I frequently thought about taking my mums opioid painkillers as I knew she wouldn't notice until it was too late. They know that my left arm is full or scars from where I scratched so badly I took layers of skin off. They know this because I knew keeping it in my head wouldn't help, treating it like a dirty, shameful secret would only feed my sense of disappointment in myself. I bet more of us here have sh than you realise and we understand why people take that route. We know how lonely that path can be and we don't want you to travel it on your own
    Tên përdu, jhamâi së rëcôbro

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jaquaia For This Useful Post:

OldMike (22-03-19),Suzi (22-03-19)

Mira
    Thanks for sharing that

Quote Originally Posted by Jaquaia View Post
    I bet more of us here have sh than you realise and we understand why people take that route.
    I have and I completely understand. For me it’s a coping mechanism, it’s a way of feeling something, it’s a way of distracting from the Emotional Pain, it’s a way of expressing how much I hated that I wasn’t in control of my own mind. For me, getting through all that and finding alternative, healthier ways of dealing with all that took time and was hard, but it can be done.
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

Flo (22-03-19),Jaquaia (22-03-19),magie06 (22-03-19),OldMike (22-03-19),Suzi (22-03-19)

Walker extraordinaire!
    I have SH in the past and I sit here not able to promise I'll never do it again. It's a coping mechanism...not a healthy one but it is something I have used a lot. I am no longer ashamed to say that. I don't like that I did it, i dont like my scars or display them but they are now a part of me, a part of my life, a part of my journey. Just like my stretch marks from pregnancy and weight gain, or my scrawny neck from weight loss.
    I have also attempted su more than 4 times. I have abused tablets to try and dull the pain.
    We get it Mira. It's a deep dark hole and it feels like there is no way out but I promise you, there is. It's finding what help works for you. Each day it's choosing life instead of death. It's choosing kindness to yourself instead of hate, whether you feel you are worth it or not. Some days you have to make that decision every 10 minutes. It's exhausting. But you see when the darkness lifts a bit, you're glad you made those decisions. Kind ones, healthy ones. Dear Mira, give yourself a chance. Never be ashamed of your struggle. If we all gave into that shame, their would be no forum because no-one would be being honest with each other. Here is a place to be safe. Here is a place to be honest. Use it.
    Check out my Calandoniacrochet Facebook page.

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Strugglingmum For This Useful Post:

Flo (22-03-19),Jaquaia (22-03-19),magie06 (22-03-19),OldMike (22-03-19),Paula (22-03-19),Suzi (22-03-19)

If we stopped everyone talking about what is affecting them then this forum would have no purpose and I'd be out of a way of keeping me out of trouble.... If you don't feel you can talk here then I don't think you will be talking anywhere and I know how damaging that is.
    If you can't talk to us - your friends who love you, then that doesn't make me a good friend to you....
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Mira
    Thanks all for these wonderful reply's. Thats so heartwarming.

Mira
    Thats true Suzi. There is nobody i can truly talk to. Especialy not with my disorder popping up. But i want to stop being so needy and stop complaining. I know you all are so kind and are so helpful. But in my mind i turn that into thinking you all are so wonderful and should be placed on a pedestal. And i am worthless.