Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2019

I’m making some crocheted heart key rings at the moment Our house has been viewed 5 times now. It is starting to sink in that we will be moving sometime in the near future. I am looking forward to having a much smaller garden than I currently have. I have very little interest in gardening (I am more into my arts and crafts as you know!)LOL. It will be fun putting all our things into the new place. One thing I am definitely buying is a new bed! I had a review/chat with the Positive Steps lady yesterday. She was really understanding & helpful. I have signed up to their stress management course, starting on 25th. My eldest goes skiing with the school that day too! Xx
    One day at a time ....😃

That all sounds really positive!
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

How old is your eldest? Has he been before?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

I have 2 girls, the eldest is 13. No, she hasn’t been before but she has been on a dry ski slope to practice x
    One day at a time ....😃

Sorry, my spell check is always dropping the ‘s’
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

Arty (17-01-19)

Hi, I have done a lot this weekend. I don’t know if anyone else finds this but late nights really affect my MH. People know that I like to go to bed early but there is a reason for this - I always have a better day the next day if I am settled by 9:30/10. My youngest daughter is going to be in a concert on 9th Feb, this will be the first time that I will be in a setting where my ex and his fiancée will be in the same room. I know that this will be inevitable in the future but I am not liking the idea one little bit !!!!!!
    One day at a time ....😃

It does take time to get through that. I was pregnant with my youngest, living with my now husband, when he met his now wife. Still, I found it tough.... it took a long while to process that she meant more to him than I ever had. All I can suggest is you have some decent chocolate at home to polish off after the concert, and try to keep the next day as free and gentle a day as possible.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

Arty (20-01-19)

Thank-you Paula that is really good advice. I will have my eldest daughter there, as well as my Mum and Pen and I intend to have my head held high!X
    One day at a time ....😃

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Arty For This Useful Post:

Paula (20-01-19)

There's no reason for your head to be anything other than held up high... I think Paula's suggestion is a brilliant one.
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

Arty (20-01-19)

Hello,
    Just wanted to say ‘hi’. I’ve had quite a few viewings (and one stupidly low offer which I didn’t accept) I have felt really emotional for the last day or so but it seems to have passed now thankfully. I always benefit from a good cry!
    Looking forward to seeing my daughter tomorrow (she returns from her ski trip)x
    One day at a time ....😃