Page 46 of 49 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 ... LastLast

Thread: Mike's Sofa

Oh no! Poor Sis! I really hope she feels better soon...

From your link:
    Leather coat >> Matrix movies >> Matrix of leadership >> Transformers Movies >> Linkin Park What I've done >> Linkin Park acapella Castle of Glass
    Please always remember that I am always right. I have a framed certificate to prove it.

When in doubt, stop and think... WWSS? (What Would Suzi Say?)
    For more info please see
    THIS thread

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

OldMike (12-03-19)

A leather coat!! a leather coat!!! now that is a tenuous link can I even get that airy fairy, we shall see.

Wet and windy here, I'm off down the wooden hill for brekky.

Quote Originally Posted by Paula View Post
    Are you feeling ok?
    I was so tired after yesterday's lunch I dozed on the couch in the afternoon and during the evening, I don't know why maybe I just needed more Zeds I did seem to wake up about 11 pm and got my groove on
    Last edited by OldMike; 13-03-19 at 09:53 AM. Reason: Added a response to a previous post.
    72 and counting, less of the "Old" call me "Mike" - The worst Christmas Joker 2018
    ~~~ Please check out the latest QUIZ (Fun and Games > Quiz) I'm sure you'll find it fun. ~~~

How's your sleeping atm? Are you taking your meds ok? Eating and drinking properly?
    Please always remember that I am always right. I have a framed certificate to prove it.

For more info please see
    THIS thread

I hope you're being a good boy Mike!....Isn't it custard club today?

Linkin Park - Castle Of Glass acapella, in North Derbyshire there is the Peak District National Park famed for its caves and caverns which leads nicely to Fingel's Cave (not literally you'd need a long car journey and a boat trip )

The Hebrides, Op. 26 "Fingal's Cave" by Felix Mendelssohn (1809-1847)

Edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by Flo View Post
    I hope you're being a good boy Mike!....Isn't it custard club today?
    I'm too old to be bad yup custard club cottage pie or shepherd's pie, I didn't find any bootlaces so probably cottage pie, well shepherds wear boots don't they afters was Manchester tart which I gave a miss as it was rubbish last time so had some tinned fruit.

Wow the Hebrides Overture sure cleared the wax out of my ears
    Last edited by OldMike; 13-03-19 at 04:08 PM. Reason: Adding comment.
    72 and counting, less of the "Old" call me "Mike" - The worst Christmas Joker 2018
    ~~~ Please check out the latest QUIZ (Fun and Games > Quiz) I'm sure you'll find it fun. ~~~

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OldMike For This Useful Post:

Flo (14-03-19),Mira (14-03-19)

Just back from bridge a fun afternoon had reasonable not great cards.

Cold and windy but dry

Beautiful piece of music Mike!

Mendelssohn Fingal's Cave >> Mendelssohn Violin Concerto >> 'Cello >> Jacqueline Du Pres >> Elgar Cello Concerto >> Elgar >> Pomp and Circumstance >> The Proms >> Doctor Who at the proms >>

NB the whole concert is on you tube here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJ6JpRctnrk

For more info please see
    THIS thread

I adore Jacqueline du Pre! She was a huge inspiration for me growing up and my mums best friend went to school with her which was just overwhelming for me (as you can tell I was a total uberfan)
    ‘When all else fails, use glitter instead’

And me! I adore her work. She made her cello really, really sing...

For more info please see
    THIS thread

Quote Originally Posted by Paula View Post
    I adore Jacqueline du Pre! She was a huge inspiration for me growing up and my mums best friend went to school with her which was just overwhelming for me (as you can tell I was a total uberfan)
    Me too, I actually prefer the Dvorak cello concerto to the Elgar, I like the way the last movement winds right down before the final crescendo (tomorrow I may be back on the Elgar I'm flaky like that )

Suzi you bypassed some great choons Mendelssohn's Violin Concerto, Elgar's Cello Concerto any of the Pomp and Circumstance Marches (think there were 5) and where do we finish up with Doctor Who, not the electronic or radiophonic but an orchestrated (or is that castrated *snickers like a schoolboy*) version it was okay but the journey of links was like looking at the most gorgeous cakes and gateaux (is that the plural) in a cake shop and coming out with a Snickers bar