Page 5 of 100 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Thread: Breathing a sigh of relief *SH, SU triggers*

77 and counting, less of the "Old" call me "Mike"

Quote Originally Posted by Suzi View Post
    Logically you can't do anything about it now, so try to put it to the back of your mind. All you can do is go and answer as honestly as possible. Actually the actual f2f aren't that bad. I've been to loads now Make sure you call and make them aware that you need space to put your foot up/mobility scooter access.
    Yeah, I’m going to call Monday re accessibility and also tell them my minute taking app will be recording .... My boss/friend is also going to write a note to explain the changes to the role description she’s had to make to keep me safe at work, and keep OH happy
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

They will say that you aren't allowed to use your own recording devices. If you want it recorded then they have to provide it - 2 CD's

I'm happy to write you something too about how things affect you from what I see if you want?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Thank you but I’ve still got your comments from the questionnaire
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Awesome Shout if you want/need anything....

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

Paula (06-01-19)

I’ve rung about my assessment. They’re so flexible - not. I can only have a home assessment if my doctor writes to say I cannot leave the house at all. The centre is accessible physically however I asked about a quiet space I can sit in while waiting to help with my anxiety but got told ‘I’ll ask, but if they haven’t got anywhere, there’s nothing they can do’. I also asked if I could use my (professional standard) minute taking app to record the assessment. Apparently I can, if I can give them a hard copy transcript immediately after the assessment .......

(hugs) Am currently doing a MR for Marc and it sucks. Half of what he said he's been scored 0 on..... So much harder than it needs to be.

You have every sympathy... Did you ask for them to record it?

Mira
    Well that..... I hope they do have a place for you to wait so that can help a little. Its a shame that they always say oh if there is anything we can do to help just ask. And then when you ask its an inconvenience to say the least.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Mira For This Useful Post:

Paula (07-01-19)

Quote Originally Posted by Suzi View Post
    You have every sympathy... Did you ask for them to record it?
    I did, and was told that he would pass the info on but they can’t guarantee on the day

What does Si say about it all?