Page 27 of 100 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777 ... LastLast

Thread: Breathing a sigh of relief *SH, SU triggers*

I’m ok. Back’s sore so I can’t do much but Jess has a dentist appointment later so I need to go out for that. My hand always struggles more when my back is bad - probably because I’m putting weight differently on my crutches. My back does seem to be giving me gip more and more frequently so I might have to think about what to do (maybe see my osteopath more often, which is no hardship as he’s lovely )
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Is it worth trying to get an appointment to see him soon? So he can give your back a good going over?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

I may do, but as I’m booking my dental appointment today, I think Si needs time to get over that first
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

lol... He'll just have to cope.. Princesses don't come cheaply you know!

He’s had a double blow - Jess is having veneers. She has a congenital condition which damages the enamel in her teeth https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amelogenesis_imperfecta. A few years ago we were told she’d need veneers but it wasn’t possible to do them before 21. But things change and Jess has asked if she can have them now and the dentist agreed. She needs to get one tooth straightened first as it reduces the chance of the veneer on that tooth failing. Obviously, it’s not cheap but I think it’s affecting her confidence.

My friends little one has that...

Poor Si! His wallet must need CPR!

Oh bless her. I think it would affect my daughters confidence.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzi View Post
    My friends little one has that...

Poor Si! His wallet must need CPR!
    He’s very grumpy tonight

How's Si today? How are you? Resting?

Si’s resigned

I’m ok, though climbing the walls lol. I thought about doing some cross stitch but don’t want to undo the good I’ve done for my back by taking it easy. So, that can wait til tomorrow. My oldest friend (by that I mean I’ve known her for 35 years) is 50 this year so I’ve been on the phone to her husband as he wants help organising her surprise (as ‘the one person who knows her as well as I do’ - he can flannel when he needs to . I’ve said I’d spend the weekend contemplating and speak to him next week - Pinterest here we come!