Page 26 of 100 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676 ... LastLast

Thread: Breathing a sigh of relief *SH, SU triggers*

Mira
    Thats so rough

Oh hunni I'm so, so, so sorry!

Surely there is a space you can have? It seems beyond ridiculous! Why is it affecting your friends health picking you up?
    I'm sorry lovely x
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

My friend has had 7 foot surgeries in 10 years and he most recent (1 year ago) just isn’t healing properly. There is no space, they’re needed for patients.

They had asked if I was able to do a shorter walk that involved ‘two short flights of (staff) stairs’, I wont tell you Si’s response, it’d only get bleeped anyway lol
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

I’ve been struggling with this all day. When I was talking to my friend earlier, I was asked that, if the volunteer with MS managed to get in, why couldn’t I. It was then suggested I could use a mobility scooter and when I said it couldn’t lift it out of the car because of my hand, she told me I should get a hoist. I feel betrayed - which seems an overreaction but it’s how I feel right now
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Oh Paula. I’m so sorry to hear what’s happened. I’m not surprised you feel like that. Sending love and hugs.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Allalone For This Useful Post:

Paula (06-02-19)

Ok, woke up this morning determined to stop being a moaning myrtle and feeling sorry for myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Paula View Post
    My friend has had 7 foot surgeries in 10 years and he most recent (1 year ago) just isn’t healing properly. There is no space, they’re needed for patients.

They had asked if I was able to do a shorter walk that involved ‘two short flights of (staff) stairs’, I wont tell you Si’s response, it’d only get bleeped anyway lol
    WTF? Seriously? Hell yeah, dance up those stairs! Go twinkle toes.... I don't see why you can't, after all it's not as if you are in horrific pain and having to use crutches as you can't use that leg etc..... Oh yeah, wait a minute.....

I’ve been struggling with this all day. When I was talking to my friend earlier, I was asked that, if the volunteer with MS managed to get in, why couldn’t I. It was then suggested I could use a mobility scooter and when I said it couldn’t lift it out of the car because of my hand, she told me I should get a hoist. I feel betrayed - which seems an overreaction but it’s how I feel right now
    Your friend said this? I'd feel really hurt too... Maybe you could look into a hoist, but there are ways of saying it and not making it sound so accusing....

Ok, woke up this morning determined to stop being a moaning myrtle and feeling sorry for myself.
    You, my darling, are never a moaning myrtle...

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

Paula (07-02-19)

Librarian and chief holder of antiquities and biscuits Jaquaia's Avatar
    Not an overreaction at all. Google is a wonderful thin and a quick look would tell her a little about CRPS
    Tên përdu, jhamâi së rëcôbro

I couldn’t get a hoist now, anyway, as I’ve only got about 7 months until the car goes back to Motability. It’s something we do need to look at, but not yet, and certainly not for a voluntary job

How are you feeling love?