Page 21 of 100 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast

Thread: Breathing a sigh of relief *SH, SU triggers*

Feeling more settled?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Yeah. I was a bit shaky when I was out so I’m definitely not 100% recovered from last week, but I did ‘people’ today so it’s all good
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Proud of you x

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

Paula (31-01-19)

Thank you . I am aware I’m not altogether ok (and snow doesn’t help my anxiety) but I’m trying
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

That's all any of us can do!

Quote Originally Posted by Paula View Post
    Thank you . I am aware I’m not altogether ok (and snow doesn’t help my anxiety) but I’m trying
    Snow and ice doesn't help any of us unless you're a kid when it's snowing and it's like "Wanna Build a Snowman" (breathe easy I'm not going to post that video )

77 and counting, less of the "Old" call me "Mike"

The snow has been falling all day and there’s rumours our hospital is blocked in, with ambulances not being able to get through. I’m getting more and more twitchy ...

OK, realistically how likely is it you will need to get to hospital?
    Also I know that our 4 x 4 group have been mobilised all over Surrey, Hampshire and the surrounding areas. There will be plans in action hunnipie... And start wafting your snow to me! I have 0 snow...

Not at all realistic, I know, but it’s so bad here the council have set up a rest Centre in a town centre church for people who have had to abandon their cars...... I said earlier I feel trapped - Si asked whether I’d planned on leaving the house anyway but it’s different not wanting to vs not being able to. I can’t walk anywhere if needs be, unlike Si, Katie and Jess who’ve all been out today.

And snow just has such negative connotations for me. I know I’m not making any sense at all but.......

And, Suzi, love, you can have it all *wafts with abandon*

I agree with you Paula...not wanting to and not being able to are two totally different things! And as for the rest centre...what's that all about?? Silly sods who think they're clever going on the roads in this weather? I'm sure the money could be better spent.