Thread: Breathing a sigh of relief *SH, SU triggers*

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    The practice manager got back to me and told me my consultant is now no longer able to take NHS patients through his private practice, so I need a GP referral to our NHS hospital. Which I’ve asked for but have no idea how long it will take. However, Si reminded me that a while ago my consultant gave me his mobile number telling me to get in touch if I need anything. So, hesitantly as it feels like a cheek, I’ve promised to text him tomorrow.

Edit:I had lunch with my best friend today and was talking about my hand. She suggested I think about underarm crutches. However, she, my husband and youngest all insist on being practical and logical about this - that I might find it easier even though they’re ugly as sin and don’t even come in colours other than NHS grey ...... begrudgingly, I have conceded that it might help if I use them just around the house. So I have ordered some. And am now going to sulk for at least a week
    Last edited by Paula; 19-02-19 at 08:16 PM. Reason: Added extra info
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.