Page 36 of 100 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686 ... LastLast

Thread: Breathing a sigh of relief *SH, SU triggers*

The practice manager got back to me and told me my consultant is now no longer able to take NHS patients through his private practice, so I need a GP referral to our NHS hospital. Which I’ve asked for but have no idea how long it will take. However, Si reminded me that a while ago my consultant gave me his mobile number telling me to get in touch if I need anything. So, hesitantly as it feels like a cheek, I’ve promised to text him tomorrow.

Edit:I had lunch with my best friend today and was talking about my hand. She suggested I think about underarm crutches. However, she, my husband and youngest all insist on being practical and logical about this - that I might find it easier even though they’re ugly as sin and don’t even come in colours other than NHS grey ...... begrudgingly, I have conceded that it might help if I use them just around the house. So I have ordered some. And am now going to sulk for at least a week
    Last edited by Paula; 19-02-19 at 09:16 PM. Reason: Added extra info
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Librarian and chief holder of antiquities and biscuits Jaquaia's Avatar
    Would forearm crutches be any good for you?

Also...

Duck Tape Glitter - Silver 47mm x 4.5m https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00GO4Y6..._HygBCbCTXW1MY

There is a way around everything
    Last edited by Jaquaia; 19-02-19 at 09:26 PM.
    Tên përdu, jhamâi së rëcôbro

I tried forearm crutches when my hand first started. It was the most horrible sensation. I felt dizzy, car sick and like I was going to topple over. Si made me send them back lol

And yes, I know I can dress them up but they will always be the crutches Tiny Tim had
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Librarian and chief holder of antiquities and biscuits Jaquaia's Avatar
    I'm sorry but that made me laugh!!!

They even have the perfect tape for Suzi!

Duck Tape Duck 221658Adhesive Tape 48mm Wide x 9.1Metres Length https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B018S1AT..._8RgBCb2GVFEW5
    Tên përdu, jhamâi së rëcôbro

OMG I love those!!!

Paula, they may not be the crutches you would have.... but if they are going to help then you are going to have to find a way of prettifying them.... glitter tape, diamontes etc are all at your disposal!
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Geez, how can I argue with you lot when you insist on being reasonable?!?!

As befits a Princess get a couple of rolls of Glitter Duck Tape - Rose Gold Sparkle https://www.amazon.co.uk/Glitter-Duc...qid=1550656162 and get blinging those crutches.
    77 and counting, less of the "Old" call me "Mike"

Ooh! you're going into Princess overload!!

With some diamante jewels for added embellishment?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Rhinestone-...nte+gems&psc=1
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

they’d fall off as soon as I put them on!