Page 2 of 101 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Back again (x2). ** SU Triggers **

Person of great awesomeness magie06's Avatar
    Morning all. Plans for today include more visiting family and a brisk walk along the 1.5k of the prom in Salthill. I hope everyone has survived the excesses of Christmas and is looking forward to doing it all over again for the new year!
    To anyone suffering out there, please, please believe me that things can and do get better. It's a case of getting the meds right for you and just really doing YOUR best to get well again. It's your best that counts, what works for me will not work for anyone else. It's really a case of finding what's right for you and going with it.
    I've been to the worst of places and I've come through it. I'm the best me I've ever been and I can assure you reading this, that if I can do it, you can too. Please don't give up. Keep trying and pester your doctors until you begin to feel better again.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to magie06 For This Useful Post:

Jaquaia (27-12-18),OldMike (27-12-18),Paula (27-12-18)

I love how positive you are!
    ‘When all else fails, use glitter instead’

Makalulu’s Treasures can be found at https://www.facebook.com/Makalulus-T...1104380701269/

You're awesome!
    Please always remember that I am always right. I have a framed certificate to prove it.

When in doubt, stop and think... WWSS? (What Would Suzi Say?)
    For more info please see
    THIS thread

Wow you're always so busy and here's me trying to motivate myself to go and do some shopping
    72 and counting, less of the "Old" call me "Mike" - The worst Christmas Joker 2018
    ~~~ Please check out the latest QUIZ (Fun and Games > Quiz) I'm sure you'll find it fun. ~~~

I think all of my relations had the same idea as me and went to see if there was anything in the sales today. There was no answer anywhere we went. However the weekend is coming soon again and I'll try then. Aisling has tickets to go ice skating and she is bringing a friend with her on Saturday. Gerry said that he will stay with them so I can do my visiting and my walk.
    At the moment, Harry Potter is on and Gerry is asleep on the chair. He is still catching up on his missed sleep from being so busy before the Christmas. The post office here got the contract back for delivering Amazon parcels and there has been no let up since black Friday. He goes back to work again tomorrow, but he doesn't expect to be that busy, because there shouldn't be much mail in the system. Having said that, mail from the UK and US was very late getting into our system here, with no explanation from anywhere. Take care, and I'll just do the rounds now to catch up with everyone.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to magie06 For This Useful Post:

OldMike (28-12-18)

It's so lovely to hear how everyone is! How are your parents? Your sisters?
    Please always remember that I am always right. I have a framed certificate to prove it.

For more info please see
    THIS thread

My dad us doing well at the moment. He got the flu jab late this year and seems to have had one cold after the other since. Of course it's all the fault of the flu injection!
    My mum is away in her own world all of the time now. She is beginning to forget names and can never remember Aisling's name at all. But she's very happy and I think she knows that she is still living at home.
    My sisters are all very busy. My sister Ena who looks after my parents, has all of her family home for the Christmas. One of her daughters is in Liverpool doing physio and another is in London doing nursing. She also has a daughter doing radiography here in Galway and a son who is a chef. She had plenty of help getting Christmas dinner ready.
    My sister Sarah, who is living here in Tuam, very close to me had dinner in her own house. She has 3 teenagers and her eldest started college in September. Her two boys are in 4th year and 6th class respectively. My eldest sister Mary, has resigned herself to the fact that she's now retired and doesn't have to be running and racing like she used to. One of her daughters was working in Cork and had bought a house down there, but this September got a job in Galway and has sold her house and is back living at home.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to magie06 For This Useful Post:

OldMike (28-12-18)

You all sound busy!

For more info please see
    THIS thread

I found out yesterday that a friend of mine took an overdose on Wednesday night. She told me she is okay but I really have my doubts. She said she is heartbroken because her partner of two years told her that he needs a break. She is acting very strangely for the past few months and I think that he just couldn't cope with it all. I have had her on the phone to me for almost 2 hours last night and she just kept saying that life is not worth living any more. I have told her to get in contact with her doctor because I don't have the skills that she needs at the moment. I told her that I'm not a professional and that I think she needs professional help now. I also told her that no man, no matter how perfect he is, is worth taking her life over. I hope I haven't been too harsh with her, but what could I do? I've told her what I think and as an adult, who has had my own problems, I really don't want to risk my own mental health atm. I don't think I could do much more.

I'm so sorry lovely. You've definitely done the right thing....

For more info please see
    THIS thread