Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: guess i'm the new girl *SU SH triggers*

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    babybrown

guess i'm the new girl *SU SH triggers*

hello, feeling like a bit of a failure lol so came on here.

anxiety and trauma have pretty much shattered all my dreams and left me at a point where going outside isn't even worth the panic attacks anymore.

even the gp is fed up with me and my family don't get it.

i spent so much of my life trying to stay on the right path and do the right things to ensure a good future and i've ended up worse than i could have imagined.

i didn't mean to come on here and whine but that's the frustrating reality rn.

i don't know what i'm looking for on here tbh, maybe support but some days i'm not up to talking to anyone either so..

trying to deal with self-harm, daily suicidal thoughts and physical health issues atm and wondering what i'm fighting for.

i can easily tell other people why they should continue living but even therapists have told me if they were me they would kill themselves -_-

...anyway yeah. i hope my future interactions wont be this negative lolol
    Last edited by Paula; 10-12-18 at 07:06 AM.

Hi and welcome to DWD. Hunni, no Therapist should ever make those sort of comments. I’m sorry you’ve been let down like this

Are you on any medication?

I’ve added a trigger warning to your thread. It’s nothing to worry about, it just ensures that other members can avoid conversations that may be difficult for them to be involved I
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Hi and welcome to DWD. I'm truly sickened and disgusted that your therapist could ever say anything like that. I hope you've reported them.
    For the record, we don't tend to give up on anyone and I am quite positive that this world is a better place because you are in it.
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

babybrown
    thanks for the warm welcome! not currently on medication, i was before but didn't make a difference and i wasn't really informed about them so a little nervous about going back on any. oh thank you, didn't realise ><

i haven't reported those ones, only ever reported one but she's still working unfortunately. i guess it's a lucky draw which one you get.

aw thank you :D

There are loads of different anti depressants and other psych medication. Often people find that, if one type doesn’t suit them, another does. It’s really worth talking to your doctor about your informed choices. And, while we aren’t medically trained so can’t give advice, between us all, someone here will have been on one or the other of the meds and can tell you their experience. We’ve also got a section called Medication Reviews which might help http://www.dealingwithdepression.co....cation-Reviews
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Absolutely agree with Paula. There are loads of different meds and/or combinations. Just because one didn't suit you it doesn't mean that they all won't.. Do try to get an appointment and tell your GP everything..
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Hi Babybrown welcome to DWD.

I can't add much to what Paula and Suzi said, there are lots of antidepressants because one didn't work it is certainly worth trying others you need to see your doctor and see what he or she says.
    77 and counting, less of the "Old" call me "Mike"

Hi and welcome to DWD. I've got to say that I agree you should see your Dr - or a different one you haven't seen before - and talk about the options you have with anti D's. There are a wide variety these days and I'm sure there's a type that will suit you. It could make all the difference to you.

babybrown
    okay, i'll look into it. thank you

Hi, sweetie, I’d you get to see your doctor?