Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Just what I need!!

We aren’t sure how and when it happened. She first started complaining about having a sore hip about 18 months ago but I just put it down to her growing so much. But after 6 months of the moaning becoming more regular I took her to the GP who referred her for physio. She was then told she had Hypermobility (which explained a lot of previous injuries) The physio sent her for an X-ray but nothing showed up on it so just put it down to the Hypermobility and showed her some exercises to do to strengthen the muscles around her hip. That worked but only if she wasn’t doing any sport, she did taekwondo but every time she went back to it she complained her hip was painful. So we finally seen an orthopaedic consultant in the summer who referred her for an MRI and we found out on Monday about the tear.

My middle one was diagnosed as having hypermobility, then due to internal issues it was upgraded to EDS... So I sympathise. I hate physio... lol

Iím hyper mobile, so I can empathise. How does she feel about surgery?
    ĎWhen all else fails, use glitter insteadí

She hasn’t said much about the surgery side of it. She’s just pleased to know that there’s a reason for all the pain and not just the Hypermobility. She was worried that the MRI would show no problems and she would “just have to put up with it” like one of the nurses said to her once. I think it will become a bit more real when we get an appointment through.

She's in good hands with you with her every step of the way...

Hey you. Just saying hi and sending hugs.