Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: hello

Hi I'm 66 yrs old, and believe me when I say that strange things happen when you have depression. Age doesn't come into it and we all need looking after sometimes. You've done the right thing by going to the Dr's. and having anti D's. Take advantage of any help that is offered to you. I'm sure this episode will pass and hopefully you'll be back to your old self again soon.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Flo For This Useful Post:

Hello, sweetheart. Please, please don’t feel guilty or ashamed of what happened. You’re ill and needed help, and you got that help. Not everyone could have managed that alone. As for not remembering, maybe that’s your brain protecting you from the horrible bits of the day. You’re safe and getting treatment and support now - that’s all that matters

Hunni, I’ve merged your three posts as they were posted within a short timeframe of each other.
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

Walker extraordinaire!
    So glad you are getting help and support. Believe me we all need it at times and also know that we all have that feeling of, I never thought this would happen to me, but it did and here we get to help each other thru it. X

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Strugglingmum For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Flo View Post
    Hi I'm 66 yrs old, and believe me when I say that strange things happen when you have depression. Age doesn't come into it and we all need looking after sometimes. You've done the right thing by going to the Dr's. and having anti D's. Take advantage of any help that is offered to you. I'm sure this episode will pass and hopefully you'll be back to your old self again soon.
    Perfect post there Flo I'm older and not wiser than you, but as you say age doesn't come in to it.

The brain has great power but can do strange things, it is what being human is all about
    77 and counting, less of the "Old" call me "Mike"

8. The Following User Says Thank You to OldMike For This Useful Post:

headspace
    what a lovely group of people you all are. Thank you all for taking the time to reply and so kindly.

I understand age isn't relevant, I hope I didn't offend anyone with that. I guess I'm learning that none of us could have predicted our situations and that they are individual.

Librarian and chief holder of antiquities and biscuits Jaquaia's Avatar
    You haven't offended anyone lovely.
    Tên përdu, jhamâi së rëcôbro

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Jaquaia For This Useful Post:

Hi hunni, no one here would be offended by any of your posts so far! You seem like a very lovely lady! The most important thins is that you are getting the help that you need
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

How are you this morning?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

headspace
    Hi Paula, thank you for saking.
    Im feeling a bit more human if not fuzzy. I think the meds are kicking in... not sure I like them but finally I see I need some form of help to get through this.
    today I had my first psych appt. lovely doc who listened and didn't probe, she seemed to understand me and asked what I wanted and not what I needed.
    She said I would see her weekly ofr 6 weeks and horse "mind counselor" who would meet me for coffee and chats..... im liking this !

not sure it will work but Ill try xx

headspace
    thank you Suzi, Im set never to offfend in my head but i fail on occasion x