Page 88 of 90 FirstFirst ... 38788687888990 LastLast

Thread: Sissy's chick chat (pun intended)

Librarian and chief holder of antiquities and biscuits Jaquaia's Avatar
    Tn prdu, jhami s rcbro

Oh Sissy I'm so sorry.
    Check out my Calandoniacrochet Facebook page.

Guardian of the North and kipper holder Angie's Avatar
    Oh sweetie I am so sorry xx
    If you cant fly, then run, if you cant run, then walk, if you cant walk, then crawl, but by all means keep moving.
    Quote by Martin Luther King JR

Oh hunni, Im so sorry, for all of you
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

You OK love? How's he taken it? It's horrific to find someone like that. I hope he listens and doesn't turn to alcohol....
    Wibble, wobble, jelly on a plate...

He came home faced drunk. I am losing My will to fight for this.

I understand it is horrible to find someone like that. He had been dead for few days by then, he had stumbled and fallen down stairs. They found him laying face down under the stairs. He is taking this bad, but so am I. I can't live fearing for someone elses sake all the time.
    I am fluent in finnish, swedish, english, sarcasm and profanity.

Omg! That is horrendous for anybody and I know this isn’t a popular opinion but it’s almost normal to react badly and if alcohol is your coping mechanism to go straight to the booze. This is a huge deal and I totally get why you man has gone to the one thing he knows will numb the pain. We all know this is a bad reaction and not the best thing for him at all but this is a big deal. He’s had his blow out and now he needs to sleep it off and then talk it out and deal with it in a more productive way. It’s times like this he needs even more support than ever.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stella180 For This Useful Post:

Flo (16-09-20),Suzi (16-09-20)

I'm so sorry Sissy....but what a terrible thing for Le Dude to find! Have to agree with Stella, it's the only thing he knows that will dull the shock and numb the pain! It's bad for you too, but when he's sober again and got over the initial shock, sit quietly with him and go over everything calmly. It's not the end of the world.....he can turn things around again and start from square one. A little bit of time and patience.

I can see why you feel the way you do, and I know that Marc and I have completely different coping mechanisms - I talk and eat, he internalises everything and doesn't eat. He'll drink a bit more than normal, but then be paranoid about whether he "wants" or "needs" each drink because the men going back about 2 generations in his family have been full on alcoholics and it's been alcohol which has killed them - and young too....
    Thing is, I see things a bit differently to most and whilst I too would be beyond upset that not only has this happened, but he's broken his promise to you about drinking I'm not sure I could kick him out because of it right now. He has had a massive shock to have found someone he cares about in that horrible condition, but I know for me I would be concerned that if I did kick him out, then he'd just carry on drinking. Right now you are a reason for him to stop..
    However, with any addict, alcoholics are very good at making everyone else or any other event a "reason" to drink...
    I also totally understand why enough is enough.

My heart goes out to you lovely. I wish I could wave a magic wand and it all be OK for you.
    Wibble, wobble, jelly on a plate...

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

OldMike (16-09-20)

I am simply tired. He found his own brother dead 8ish years ago, alcohol poisoning. Now he found a friends dead because of too much drinking. He won't talk. He refuses getting any real help. I am angry, sad, disapointed and losing all My trust. Sometimes love alone is not enough.
    I am fluent in finnish, swedish, english, sarcasm and profanity.