Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sissy's chick chat (pun intended)

Sissy's chick chat (pun intended)

Since all I talk about these days is chickens, I thought it would be fun to welcome everyone to have a moment filled with feathers, chicken poop and if we are lucky, even an omelet.

I am in a good place right now. Not only emotionally, because guess what. I am in the henhouse! I love my girly girls and my miniature sized manly man who is doing a great job guarding his flock even he is half smaller than some of the ladies.

Welcome to Villa KotKot. (I had to officially register and name my henhouse, and that was the brainfart that won the 2 minutes competition going on inside my head while filling all those papers)
    I am fluent in finnish, swedish, english, sarcasm and profanity.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Sissy For This Useful Post:

Suzi (08-11-18)

You had to register your henhouse? Loving the name lol!

Apparently "KotKot" translates to "Cluck" if Google translate Finnish to English is correct. The little rooster guarding his big ladies made me smile, hope he's not too hen pecked (English joke).
    71 and counting, less of the "Old" call me "Mike"
    ~~~ Please check out the latest QUIZ (Fun and Games > Quiz) I'm sure you'll find it fun. ~~~

Yea kot translates to cluck. My ladies respect their miniman nicely. And yea Finland a the promised land of laws and regulations. So ya I had to register my henhouse. It has a name and a number, and I count officially as a crazy chicken lady.

I think all of that sounds seriously cool!

There’s nothing wrong with being a crazy chicken lady
    Come on everybody, join in the QUIZ, I need the competition!

Love the name too Sissy!! And if you're a crazy chicken lady then so am I!!...fancy having to register your chickens and house!! DEFRA our government Department of Food and Rural Affairs require you to register with them if you have 55 or more chickens - don't quote me on that, but it's something in that area. My girls have hardly left their covered run all day. My 2 Pekins - Lavinia and Dot - are the daring ones that are first out of bed in the morning to see what's going on. Daphne the Silkie follows, and Polly the Polish chicken likes a lie in! The weather hasn't been good enough to sit for ages trying to make them comfortable for me to lift them up..they run all over the place! I'll have to get a net so that I can get hold of them and check them out. Polly needs her fringe cut again I think. They're very fond of blueberries at the moment and I've been soaking some brown bread for them too. Look forward to hearing what you're giving your girls and what they enjoy to eat. Yay for crazy chicken ladies!! xx

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Flo For This Useful Post:

OldMike (09-11-18)

Here you veed to register as a poultry keeper even if you have only one bird. So ya, I filled all paperwork and have my permit.

I make porridge for my girls. I also give them bread and cabbage and pumpkin. Apples as well, and pretty much everything else they want, but no onion, avocado or chicken meat... They get soy, rice, pasta, minced meat, tuna, cottage cheese, anything they show interest in. They are my spoiled Lil babies

Yum yum! I shall try some of those myself. They are lucky girls!

Wow your little ones sure have a varied diet
    71 and counting, less of the "Old" call me "Mike"
    ~~~ Please check out the latest QUIZ (Fun and Games > Quiz) I'm sure you'll find it fun. ~~~