Thread: About to break!

Janny

About to break!

Hey guys

Im a 32 year old and ive been struggling with depression from around 16 so its a long time!

Last 8 or 9 years have been the worst!

I have no job or skills, no friends, no life outside my house!
    I have epilepsy and although my main sezures are under control I still a lot of the time experiance other feelings not sure if they are sezures it never been proven.
    I also have vertigo

I have a child he is 8 years old now, It sounds terrible but i have never been able to connect with him. I will do the main things mums should do, but was never able to really sit with him and play etc..

I found my house to be my tomb im so scared to go out and do anything... not that I have any money or anywhere to go. I know it doesnt feel right being stuck at home all day doing nothing.
    I bottle everything up and put on this happy face like everything is great when inside its killing me bit by bit to act happy.

It just constantly feels like a big bubble im in where im alone.

I prob have more to say but never know how to say it or what to say. Just needed to say what i could.

Hi and welcome. Firstly, say what you need, when you need it, lovely. There’s no pressure here. Could I ask, when did you last see your doctor? Are you on any medication? Are you on your own with your son or do you have support?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

OldMike (06-11-18),Suzi (06-11-18)

Hi and welcome!
    Is your son at school? What about connections with other parents/carers?
    Do you have any support at all? Have you seen your Dr recently? Have you registered your son with young carers to get him some different support?
    Sweetheart I understand about not going out and being tied to the house and being completely skint, flat, broke. I also know how damaging that is to you and those around you. Are you mobile? What about trying something like a support group?
    However, if right now that all feels too much, then try staying and talking to us! We're a really sociable group of people who never judge. Mike's even rustling up a new quiz and we could do with someone knocking Team Sparkles (Paula) off the top spot!
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Hi Janny welcome to DWD feel free to express your feelings here we're good at listening.
    77 and counting, less of the "Old" call me "Mike"