Page 9 of 29 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Nothing makes me happy *SH triggers*

Sorry I hadn’t finished that post.

Thanks for the hug SM.
    Another tough night. Going to take the dog out now see if that settles me a bit.

Oh lovely, please, please, please call them - it’s exactly what they’re there for. Are your wounds clean and dressed?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Yes apart from one on my back. I can’t get a dressing on it.

It’s the reaching out physically that I struggle with. When it gets to the point of needing to phone I’ve usually SH so feel ashamed and can’t talk.

You have nothing to feel ashamed about. You deserve the help - but they can't help if you don't talk to them and tell them everything that's going on. Can you get someone to help you dress the wound on your back?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Quote Originally Posted by Suzi View Post
    You have nothing to feel ashamed about. You deserve the help - but they can't help if you don't talk to them and tell them everything that's going on. Can you get someone to help you dress the wound on your back?
    It’s an old wound that I keep opening up by scratching at it. The home treatment team know about it. They usually ask to see it. They know I find it hard to phone them and I think that’s one of the reasons they are visiting everyday. I am sharing more with them now than I was when they first starting coming out. I think it’s a trust issue. It usually takes me a long time to build a relationship with anyone and when it’s not the same person coming out to see you each day it’s hard.

Walker extraordinaire!
    Reaching out and trusting people can be so difficult. I really get it but look on it as. I want to get better, I have to talk, I have to phone, I will not let shame stop me.
    Guess what. You are valuable. You deserve help. You are not a bad person. You are a good person who is having a hard time . There are people who want to help you and support you. There are people who understand what you are going thru. Use HTT, use this page, use all your resources and stop being hard on yourself. You are not well. Be kind. Xxx

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Strugglingmum For This Useful Post:

Jaquaia (09-11-18),Paula (09-11-18),Suzi (09-11-18)

Quote Originally Posted by Strugglingmum View Post
    Reaching out and trusting people can be so difficult. I really get it but look on it as. I want to get better, I have to talk, I have to phone, I will not let shame stop me.
    Guess what. You are valuable. You deserve help. You are not a bad person. You are a good person who is having a hard time . There are people who want to help you and support you. There are people who understand what you are going thru. Use HTT, use this page, use all your resources and stop being hard on yourself. You are not well. Be kind. Xxx
    Thank you.
    When I decided to post on this forum it was a last resort.(I don’t mean that in a bad way) The support I’ve had off you and all the others has been unbelievable. I really am at my lowest point in my life but thanks to you and all the others, I’m still here.
    The home treatment team have just called and are visiting at 11.30am. I promise I will be honest with them.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Allalone For This Useful Post:

Suzi (09-11-18)

Librarian and chief holder of antiquities and biscuits Jaquaia's Avatar
    Good. They can't help properly if they don't know everything
    Tên përdu, jhamâi së rëcôbro

You are amazing. I don't say that lightly. I am SO glad you chose to join us.
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Feeling very anxious about them arriving. Thankfully I know who’s coming and she’s the one that visited yesterday. Do I ask them to take away any meds I was tempted to take last night?
    I’ll let you know how it goes.