Page 20 of 29 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Nothing makes me happy *SH triggers*

Walker extraordinaire!
    Hope you get a good sleep huni. X

Well I’ve had 3 promethezine and I’ve been told to take my sleeping tablet too. I’m hoping for a big long uninterrupted sleep! I’ll let you know in the morning.
    Night.xx

Sleep well lovely..

Strictly was awesome! Looking forward to Dynasties tomorrow too!
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Had restless legs!!!! I did sleep but in blocks of a couple of hours at a time. I’ve checked and it’s the promethezine causing it. I’ve had 3 in a day before and it’s not bothered me. I’m now very tired and frustrated. Got a busy morning ahead and could’ve done with the sleep.

Walker extraordinaire!

Can you try and pace today, lovely? Oh and, btw, you’re awesome and doing amazingly!
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Hopefully the legs will settle - try drinking tonic water - it's the quinine in it which helps...
    Can you get help with everything you want to do today?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Quote Originally Posted by Paula View Post
    Can you try and pace today, lovely? Oh and, btw, you’re awesome and doing amazingly!
    Am I being stupid asking this?! Pace? Is it just a case of trying to take it easy? Or is it a particular technique? Sorry but my brain is numb and on go slow.

Walker extraordinaire!
    To me pacing is spacing what has to be done out a bit instead of trying to do it all at once or jumping from one task to the next. On days when mojo is low and I have a lot to do I take regular rest breaks or break not so nice jobs up with doing something I enjoy in between. Not sure what it means to other people. We all probably have different ideas

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Strugglingmum For This Useful Post:

Allalone (18-11-18)

Quote Originally Posted by Allalone View Post
    Am I being stupid asking this?! Pace? Is it just a case of trying to take it easy? Or is it a particular technique? Sorry but my brain is numb and on go slow.
    No, you’re not being stupid asking this. First you need to know about the Spoon Theory (https://butyoudontlooksick.com/artic...-spoon-theory/). It is a way of explaining the limitations we have to deal with and how to work with those limitations. Once you get the spoon theory, it’s relatively easy to see how pacing works. It’s basically figuring out what activities you are capable of doing in a day, ie what your energy or tolerance levels can cope with, also bearing in mind how much energy you need to save for any future activities (say a long car drive the next day).

So, today might be ‘I have to put the washing on because I’m running out of clean clothes but I’ve got enough food in the house to leave the shopping till tomorrow, so I’ll rest/read a book/do something that has a low activity level

Does that make sense?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

Allalone (18-11-18),Suzi (18-11-18)