Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Nothing makes me happy *SH triggers*

I’m off to bed now. Fingers crossed for some sleep.
    Thanks for all your kind words. I’m so pleased I made the decision to join DWD.

Night hunni
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

How are you this morning? Did you sleep?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

We're glad you came to join us too.
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

I slept for about 6 hours(which is better than the usual 2/3)then woke having a flashback. I ended up getting up as I find it hard to stay in bed after having them. I have opened an old wound by scratching at it but no new ones so that’s good isn’t it?
    My heads thumping this morning. I’ve taken the dog for a long walk then showered him as he was filthy!
    I’ve got 3 children, the eldest is away at uni and the other 2 at home. They were both out with friends yesterday but are both in today so are a good distraction for me. The home treatment team are coming round today too so hopefully should have a better day.
    Thanks for the support.

Massive hugs Flashbacks are horrible. Have you had specific counselling to help with those events?

Not recently. I’ve had some counselling in the past but didn’t deal specifically with flashbacks. I was due to start counselling but when I was referred to the crisis team the counselling service won’t see me until I’m more stable/no longer having suicidal thoughts.
    The counsellor mentioned CBT and another I think called EMDR?
    The home treatment team have said that I need to be settled on my meds before I start the CBT. They are going to visit every 1/2days depending on how I’m doing.

That sounds really sensible. I know one of our lovely team have had emdr and found it really beneficial. It's hard - but then confronting what's going on is hard.
    One day and one step at a time.

What dog have you got? I’ve got an elderly greyhound and adore him!

I’ve got a 2 1/2 year old Maltese xPoodle(also known as a Maltipoo but it sounds ridiculous!). He is called Ted and I love him to bits!

Had an ok day. Been busy sorting washing, tidying etc while I’m feeling ok to do it.
    Home treatment team have been and are happy to give me a day off tomorrow as I’m more settled today. I’ve got to phone them if I’m not great tonight/tomorrow, which I find really hard to do but at least I know that they are there if I need them.