Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Nothing makes me happy *SH triggers*

Yes. They’ve both been in since 9.30ish but have both been moaning about each other! Teenagers!!
    I’m now in bed and trying to relax before the meds kick in. Been scratching though as my anxiety this evening has been quite high.

Fingers crossed for a half decent sleep.

Could wearing gloves help stop you from scratching? Or take up a hobby that keeps your hands busy? Knitting? Crochet? Colouring? Cross stitch? Painting? Writing?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Walker extraordinaire!
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzi View Post
    Could wearing gloves help stop you from scratching? Or take up a hobby that keeps your hands busy? Knitting? Crochet? Colouring? Cross stitch? Painting? Writing?
    Good idea Suzi.

Hope you get a decent sleep hun. Xx
    Last edited by Suzi; 10-11-18 at 09:47 AM. Reason: Please don't double post within 10 minutes ;) Thank you! Suzi x

Walker extraordinaire!
    How did you sleep hun? Xx

Morning, lovely
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Morning lovely, how are you?

Afternoon

Not a great night hence the late post on here today. I slept from 10.30ish until 2. I then struggled on with negative thoughts until 5 and ended up phoning the HTT.
    I dread to think what my back is like. The anxiety is high and I just can’t settle.

I’ve tried gloves, I end up just taking them off! I like colouring but not great with knitting, sewing etc. If I don’t scratch I just use something else.

Walker extraordinaire!
    I'm glad you phoned. Are they coming to see you today? Have you tried dropping an icecube down your back? Sounds silly but sometimes jerks me out of the self harm mode, or pinging an elastic band around my wrist.
    It's going to get better. Talk to them about your sleep as getting your sleep controlled goes a long way to helping you cope. Xx

Big hugs, sweetie. Well done for making that call!
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

I'm so glad you called. That's a huge step forward lovely. Asking for help is so hard.