Page 65 of 196 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775115165 ... LastLast

Thread: Me, part 673 *TRIGGERS*

Cats are notoriously unfaithful . What do you think Thalia would make of the cat?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Librarian and chief holder of antiquities and biscuits Jaquaia's Avatar
    She'll attack him, I won't be able to take her when I move in. I'll have to leave her here and just carry on paying for vets etc. To be honest, I'm not a dog person. I only took her on as I felt cornered. My mum was going to take her and with my dad working she would never have managed. I feel like I'll be letting everyone down though
    Tên përdu, jhamâi së rëcôbro

It's lovely that you had such a good sleep... You couldn't let anyone down.
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Walker extraordinaire!
    What a lovely time you've had. Xxx

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Strugglingmum For This Useful Post:

Jaquaia (19-12-18)

How is putting the dogs needs first letting anyone down?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzi View Post
    It's lovely that you had such a good sleep... You couldn't let anyone down.
    I reckon I probably could. I'm struggling with the fact that he is taking T to the panto with Cruella tomorrow. I'm struggling with the fact that they're taking him again with A and his oldies in January. The tickets were booked in March, I suggested them still doing that with the kids as I thought it might be good for them and now it's that time, I'm finding it really difficult. I feel like I'm letting him down by resenting them doing this for the children...

Quote Originally Posted by Paula View Post
    How is putting the dogs needs first letting anyone down?
    When am I ever not hard on myself?

No. Feeling this way is not letting him down. Feeling this way and throwing a hissy fit, demanding he cancel would be letting him down. But you were never going to do that ....

He always tells me that I'm entitled to feel however I want to feel, I just need to talk to him about it. It frustrates the hell out of him when I shut down but I get it into my head that he'll feel bad if I tell him what's upsetting me and I want to protect him.

If it was the other way round how would you feel if he kept it from you?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

You ARE entitled to feel however you want to feel, but you don't have to share everything with him! If you don't want him to feel bad then don't tell him! Accept what is and what they're doing. Don't forget that one day it'll be you and him. He has a past that you already accept. Don't feel bad about how you feel it's perfectly natural. Hold your head up high and smile and be the woman he fell in love with. Resentment and anger eat away at us if we let it. They're a dangerous commodity and you don't need them. You already have all of him, the rest is an irritation that's all.