Page 149 of 196 FirstFirst ... 4999139147148149150151159 ... LastLast
Results 1,481 to 1,490 of 1954

Thread: Me, part 673 *TRIGGERS*

That's disgusting! I hope you've heard something.
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Librarian and chief holder of antiquities and biscuits Jaquaia's Avatar
    Nothing. I've made her try her TENS machine as even a little relief is better than nothing.
    Tên përdu, jhamâi së rëcôbro

Magnesium spray is meant to help too - it's on my list of things to try next. I struggle to see how they can leave her with no pain relief. That's terrible!

She has pain relief, she's on 40mg longtec twice a day, 20mg shortec 4 times a day and paracetamol, plus 60mg duloxetine twice a day and 30mg ami, I know they both offer pain relief too. She said she could cope at 80mg longtec but what she's on now doesn't even touch it. My mum has been in pain for over a decade and the only time I've seen her cry was when she had a massive flare up with her RA before it was diagnosed.

But she doesn’t have effective pain relief, that’s a huge difference. Have you heard anything?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

What worries me is she's still taking 3 times the British Pain Society's recommended morphine equivalent dose. Surely they can't try and reduce the shortec with the pain she is in.

Nothing yet, and she's got her TENS machine turned up to nearly full power...

Maybe they’ll need to rethink the meds. She needs to see the consultant (but I don’t need to tell you that) and have a frank chat about options .....
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

She's supposed to be seeing him next month so I'll make sure I'll go with her.

J has just left. He has strict orders to go home, take some paracetamol and go to bed and has been packed off with silver cream, tissues and strepsils. He's done nothing but apologise for coughing and being snotty, he's worried about giving me his cold and has apologised for that, and his counselling starts in 2 weeks and he's apologised about it being on a Tuesday... it makes me so sad that he feels the need to apologise but I know with a lot of love and reassurance he will slowly learn that it's not needed with me.

I definitely think that she needs to be seen by a consultant. It's ridiculous.

Hope J feels better really soon and he hasn't passed it on to you!

I told him that him staying away wouldn't stop me catching a cold so he might as well come and get hugs. I've had sinus issues for ages anyway.

Will see if the pain management nurse calls her back tomorrow. If not she'll have to ring again. I need to ring the rheumatology OT tomorrow too, I was referred in August and still haven't been given an appointment. In fact, when my doctor chased it up, they told her that if I hadn't heard from them in 2 weeks then I should contact them, that was 8 weeks ago....