Page 138 of 196 FirstFirst ... 3888128136137138139140148188 ... LastLast
Results 1,371 to 1,380 of 1954

Thread: Me, part 673 *TRIGGERS*

Believe me, that’s pretty amazing and not something I manage very often ....
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

Jaquaia (28-02-19)

Librarian and chief holder of antiquities and biscuits Jaquaia's Avatar
    I still have moments of panic, but the way Bob responds to my mistakes makes it so much easier to manage. The only reason I'm learning is because not being able to drive will pretty much strand me in the village.
    Tên përdu, jhamâi së rëcôbro

It doesn't matter why to be honest, it's just flipping awesome that you're doing it!
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

I tackled my mum last night as I asked her if J could stay over on Tuesday and she said that she hopes I wasn't going to be working as it's rude an ignorant and she didn't bring me up like that. As it happens, J had offered to bring some books with him so I could work if I needed to. I told her again that we'd talked about it beforehand it was actually his suggestion but she was adamant that it's rude and ignorant so I pointed out that she was rude and ignorant the way she barged in and immediately started kicking off. She started going on about how her parents always told her off if she was doing something when she had someone round so I pointed out that they were much more traditional and strict and she'd said she never bring us up the way her parents raised her. I pointed out that we have been together almost 8 months now (well, as far as she knows, it's actually a year and a half but shhhh! ) and we're comfortable enough and perfectly happy to do our own thing while we're spending time together. I also pointed out that it was actually none of her business, that I am 35 years old and my room is the only space I have to call my own and she invaded that space...

And how did she respond?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

The usual "I know" followed by "I don't think you'll be here much longer anyway". I pointed out that I haven't met the children yet and if she knows, then why do I have to keep having the conversation about my room being my only space with her...

Mira
    I can not say anything other then you are right. I love that people now can just talk to eachother on how to spend time together. Instead of having rigid rules to follow.

Even J in a book and you working in the same room is spending time together. If its with the person you love its way better.

Your mum does sound traditional that way. Mine is the opposite. I am even more traditional then my mum. Well then most people haha but i like to think in a good way.

From what i read about J he seems super understanding and caring. So at least thats one thing thats great. Just a shame your mum doest respect your space.

It's been the same pretty much since I moved back in. We've clashed a few times about her just walking in. She at least knocks now but half the time walks in as soon as she's knocked.

Just walked across to the shops to collect my prescription and my anxiety is through the roof. I haven't walked across to the shops in over 2 years.

But you did it ....

Edit: just read my post and realised that sounded exactly like my dad. Sorry .....

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

Jaquaia (01-03-19)

I'm so impressed that you took her to one side and told her how it is! Are you sure you're really Jaq?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!