Page 193 of 196 FirstFirst ... 93143183191192193194195 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,930 of 1954

Thread: Me, part 673 *TRIGGERS*

Librarian and chief holder of antiquities and biscuits Jaquaia's Avatar
    It's always been the same. If they have someone in their lives they have no time for me. My sister put a picture collage together on her fb last year and tagged her family and closest friends. Except me. I wasn't included at all. How was I supposed to interpret that?
    Tên përdu, jhamâi së rëcôbro

I do sympathise, I had the same and I still find things out via facebook... I know how much it hurts..
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

Jaquaia (20-04-19)

Mira
    Well I could only interpret that in one way. I always think its a shame when things go like this. If people were just a little considerate things would go way smoother. We don't need to be best friends with everybody. But kindness and considerate don't cost any money. And even more when its family people should make more effort.

It seems all the caring and kindness ended up with you Jaq.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mira For This Useful Post:

Jaquaia (20-04-19),Suzi (20-04-19)

When I say I have no one here but J, I really do mean that. My parents have never tackled them about how they treat me as they don't want the conflict.

Mira
    I know what you mean, I have a brother and sister and eventhough we get along my sister can be selfish and rude. And nobody says something about it just to keep the peace.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Mira For This Useful Post:

Jaquaia (20-04-19)

I'd hate any of my children to feel as you do. I'd move heaven and earth to make it OK for any of them.... I fail to comprehend why yours haven't..

I'm probably being cynical but access to their granddaughter seems to be more important.

Just like when I told them my last result, I know my dad was joking but "what happened to the other 7%?" kind of took the shine off my achievement, it made me feel like I didn't do well enough.

Mira
    I love making jokes. I love seeing people smile. But I always try to do it in a way that everybody can laugh. And what your dad said is not funny. There is a time for a joke but this was the best time ever to be suportive and proud of what you did. It should have lifted you up. And not put you down.

How are you today?

Aww, I'm guilty of saying that to Hazel before when she got 78/80 on her maths test - but I followed it by reminding her how amazingly proud of her I am every day no matter whether she gets 1 or 100.... It's not the same, but each time you've said your mark I've been amazingly proud of you!

Quote Originally Posted by Mira View Post
    I love making jokes. I love seeing people smile. But I always try to do it in a way that everybody can laugh. And what your dad said is not funny. There is a time for a joke but this was the best time ever to be suportive and proud of what you did. It should have lifted you up. And not put you down.

How are you today?
    I'm ok, but tired. The weather is lovely so I'm doing the washing and getting it out on the line.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzi View Post
    Aww, I'm guilty of saying that to Hazel before when she got 78/80 on her maths test - but I followed it by reminding her how amazingly proud of her I am every day no matter whether she gets 1 or 100.... It's not the same, but each time you've said your mark I've been amazingly proud of you!
    Thank you!

One thing that has stuck in my head is the day I got my A-level results. I rang my mum and told her, A, B, C, D...

"And?"
    "Mam, I got an A!"
    "Yeah. And what else?"

She has always denied saying that but I have a memory for remembering things like that, it drives J crazy!

I think I only got a half-hearted well done when I got my GCSE results, and that's with going to a crap school and still coming out with 3 C's, 5 B's, 2 A's and an A*. And when I graduated, my dad seemed more bothered about getting back to the pub then getting some nice photos to remember the day...

Oh and the D got upgraded to a C.