Page 122 of 196 FirstFirst ... 2272112120121122123124132172 ... LastLast
Results 1,211 to 1,220 of 1954

Thread: Me, part 673 *TRIGGERS*

Librarian and chief holder of antiquities and biscuits Jaquaia's Avatar
    I'm not actually sure, I can't remember if he said now. He's angry at her but he's not going to say anything in case T was told not to say anything as he doesn't want to drop him in it. He's just going to give her the rope to hang herself. She's out of order dragging the children in to things like that.
    Tên përdu, jhamâi së rëcôbro

How's your day going?

Just on my way home from town after my eye test. Oh and I went on the bus on my own!!! £74 lighter as I needed new glasses AGAIN!!!! So got prescription sunglasses too as the lovely man in the opticians gave me a discount!

Hooray for new glasses?! Definitely hoorah for discounts!
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

I only got new glasses a year ago but my left eye is weaker then my right eye so needed a stronger prescription. I'm even at the stage where I get a bigger NHS voucher because of my prescription! I asked how much it would cost to get a pair done as sunglasses and he said about 2 for 1 which you're not meant to get with an NHS voucher, so 2 pair of glasses and paying for ultra thin lenses for my normal glasses for £74. Had to pay for ultra thin lenses, without them the outside of my lense has hit 1cm thick....

But you went on the bus alone!
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

There and back!!!! And walked through town to the bus station! And didn't get any back pain at all so really feeling the benefit of the weight loss so far!!! And dealt with the bus going a different way through town as they're knocking a building down by the usual bus stop with minimal anxiety!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Jaquaia For This Useful Post:

Paula (15-02-19)

You really are amazing!! That's wonderful progress.

If I'm so awesome then why do people treat me like ?
    My brother asked about my driving lesson and what my instructor said about her so I told him and all I got was I wouldn't do it like this, I wouldn't do it like that, I guarantee you'll pick up bad habits with how you hold the steering wheel/speeding etc. Wouldn't accept that how you're supposed to hold the wheel is how I find it comfortable, wouldn't accept that he's picked up bad habits like speeding as apparently it's completely different if it's on 2 wheels so told him to wind his neck in as he was getting arrogant with the way he was being with me, rolling his eyes at everything I said. He response was "me getting arrogant???". No brother dear, I was trying to defend what I've been taught, what my mum also agreed with as she was taught the same way and as usual, you think you know better. So told him he didn't have to worry about taking me out in his car as he obviously didn't want to anyway with the excuses he come out with. Apparently he wasn't making excuses but told him everyone has said his reason was a load of rubbish so forget about it. Apparently he couldn't take me out in his car as he drives a diesel and they're very different to petrol. My dad, J and my instructor have all said it's a load of rubbish as all clutches are slightly different and it being diesel or petrol isn't that important, it's what you get used to. J is car mad, my dad was a mechanic for years, my instructor has been teaching for nearly 30 years yet my brother still insists he's right.

It actually sounds to me that he’s not treating you like in particular, but that he’s so convinced he’s always right, it wouldn’t matter if it was you or anyone else who’s learning, he’d still argue the toss. Try not to take it personally, lovely
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.