Page 93 of 196 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495103143193 ... LastLast

Thread: Me, part 673 *TRIGGERS*

Librarian and chief holder of antiquities and biscuits Jaquaia's Avatar
    Starting to struggle a bit now. My dad has been drinking again, no idea how much, but he's being a bit of an arse. My mum is irritating the hell out of me and J is at the theatre tonight with his parents, the children and Cruella for the panto. I know I have nothing to worrt about and I know he loves me and I also know that his parents didn't really want her to go, but my head isn't being logical. It's still a family night out. Right now it feels like I'll never be a part of that.
    Tên përdu, jhamâi së rëcôbro

Oh hunni, I'm not surprised you are finding it tough, but know that this is only a temporary situation....
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

I know you're right. I hope so anyway.

Sweetheart I know that it'll happen. Sounds like he's beginning to stand up to her a bit more too - which can only be a good thing... It also sounds like his parents are against her too. Again a positive change.
    Have faith lovely....

His dad didn't even want her in his car when J was borrowing it before Christmas. His mum told me that herself.

I just worry that he's going to be too scared to tell her about me. Though he is pushing for a deed of separation now as he doesn't trust her...

Hunni, right now you need to focus on the good things....

I know. Today was lovely. It's not often I get to just wander around enjoying what Hull has to offer. Tuesday I'm meeting him early in Beverley and we're spending the day in either Whitby or York depending on the weather, then pizza and a film. I know that I should focus on the fact that we're now able to spend proper quality time together. I just struggle not to overthink things and them doing things as a family makes it so much harder.

Sounds like he's just trying to keep an even keel. He's just not a nasty person is he? And that's one of the reasons you love him. He's trying to do right by everyone which is difficult. I'm sure you'll have a wonderful day on Tuesday so enjoy every minute of it. You'll have him all to yourself one day. But it was only a little while ago that both of you had to be content with the odd hour at yours and a few phone calls. You've come a long way since then and it can only get better.

I could do with learning how to turn my head off. I'm always overthinking things

That’s what we’re here for
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.