Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ECT and rTMS

EJ
    Would an appointment with a psychiatrist be helpful ? When I was very unwell I had appointments with my psychiatrist. It was him who put me on a mood stabiliser and an anti depressant. It is this combination of drugs that has kept me stable. I’ve had plenty of different therapies in the past but it was ultimately drug therapy that did the trick for me. Best wishes.

Librarian and chief holder of antiquities and biscuits Jaquaia's Avatar
    It's maybe a case of you haven't found the right medication yet. It's taken me 12 years to find a medication that gives me some sort pf control over my life
    Tên përdu, jhamâi së rëcôbro

Have you been on the same meds for 2 years? Same dosage?
    Have you ever seen anyone from the CMHT? Had any other real support?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

JAY1
    I have had a telephone consultation with Lambeth living well network which is ultimately the mental health team. I have asked for a diagnosis and they have said that they wouldn't be able to do that and couldn't point me in the right direction.....I asked for a form of social worker/support worker....basically someone to follow my health with me and help with it all....they didn't offer me anything. Ultimately they have offered me bereavement couselling as my mum died when I was young. They are not wrong that this needs tackling but I'm not convinced that on it's own is going to solve the problem....

The meds have been the same ones for the lat two years and I have been on the max does for 6 months. I have had different anti dpressants in the past.

I think seeing a psychiatrist would really help but they won't offer it to me.....

What is CMHT?

Thank you for all your responses. I'm having one of my better days today....

Community Mental Health Team

No organisation will offer more than one talking therapy at a time for 2 reasons - the first being that every session takes a huge toll, physically and mentally, the second being that it wouldn’t be easy to tell which one is working. So, if they’re offering bereavement counselling first, that doesn’t necessarily mean you won’t benefit from further therapy in the future, just that they think this is the most appropriate treatment for you now.

If you’ve been on the same AD for awhile, has your doctor discussed alternatives with you?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

I totally agree with Paula...
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!