Thread: Does having depression make you hypersensitive ?

Tia

Does having depression make you hypersensitive ?

What is it about life because I am genuinely confused by it all. The whole of my life has been problematic if not very difficult. Why is it that some people seem to breeze through life unscathed whilst I have a melt down over my problems? Is it the fact I have had far too much to deal with that has left me feeling hypersensitive or part of the depression ? The menopause is not helping matters . Every month brings a fresh problem to deal with. Honestly I sit down sometimes and ask myself What I have done to deserve such a problematic life. How much can one person take before enough is enough ? I feel really cursed . Wish I could be a little more positive but I have had enough . It doesn't help matters that I am on my own there is no one there to tell me it's ok not to be ok. It really hurts to feel worthless and unloved.

Sweetheart I'm sure that you do deserve to be loved and from where I'm sitting you are very far from worthless.
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

seashell
    I've always felt hypersensitive. I don't know if it's the depression or not but my counselor constantly reminds me that everyone has things they struggle with, depression happens to be mine. Often times I feel the same as you but I try to remind myself of the positive aspects of depression. I know how it sounds but with as much depression I feel, I know I also have the capacity to feel just as much joy and love. If I didn't struggle with depression, I don't think I would have as much empathy for others as I do. If I didn't struggle with depression, I don't think I would be as self-aware as I am. Hypersensitivity is tough to deal with but it just shows how much capacity you have to feel and that is such a beautiful and special gift to have. Remember it's a gift to feel so deeply. It's a difficult gift to have but it is a gift nonetheless.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to seashell For This Useful Post:

magie06 (16-09-18),OldMike (15-09-18),Suzi (15-09-18)

Seashell, that’s a fantastic post! Welcome to DWD
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

I wholeheartedly agree! A brilliant post! Welcome to the DWD group!

carrythestars
    Our brains have been hard wired to be hyper vigilant always in fight or flight mode...I think hypersensitivity goes hand in hand with it..m

Quote Originally Posted by carrythestars View Post
    Our brains have been hard wired to be hyper vigilant always in fight or flight mode...I think hypersensitivity goes hand in hand with it..m
    Hi and welcome. When you’re ready, feel free to introduce yourself on your own thread, it’ll be great to get to know you
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

I agree! Welcome!