Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Hi **SU warning.)

Misanthrope
    Well I have phoned about rent and council tax, they were ok, I have to go tomorrow and register as unemployed again. Dread to think what's gonna happen to me next.

Well done, that’s a start
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

That's a brilliant start! Well done!
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Misanthrope
    Thank you. It probably doesn't sound like a big effort but I tend to avoid talking to anyone if I can. Someone has been talking about me as I got a letter from my mum telling me I was wasting away and to sort myself out. Feel like writing back and saying "good idea, why didn't I think of that. A cure for anorexia at last."��

Librarian and chief holder of antiquities and biscuits Jaquaia's Avatar
    It's a huge effort. It's taken me 3 years to sort out repayment plans for my own debts as I couldn't face talking to them
    Tên përdu, jhamâi së rëcôbro

It IS a huge thing! I know how much my husband struggles with things like that....

Are you not in regular contact with your Mum? Does she often write such horrible things to you?

Walker extraordinaire!
    I have used an organisation called CAP to help me with debt management. Just a suggestion. They were very understanding of my mental health issues and stay in contact to see how we are coping etc

Misanthrope
    I was being sorted out with a debt management company but losing my job has put a spanner in the works as I can't make the £90 a month repayments now. The thought of having to start again at another job and meet new people and get up every day pretending everything is fine is making me feel ill. It never lasts more than a few months and I don't know what I'm doing wrong.
    I don't speak to my parents very often, sad to say I stopped bothering years ago, it made me too upset.

Debt management agreements can be very helpful but I think it would help you if you had impartial advice and support from an organisation (if you’re in the U.K.) like Citizens Advice who could help you with next steps as things are right now. Hunni, have you considered you need to focus on getting well before you look for a new job?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

I agree with Paula. You sound to me like you really need to focus on getting you better....