Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hi **SU warning.)

Misanthrope

Hi **SU warning.)

Hi I am new , I found this forum while browsing the internet, i don't want to talk to anyone on Facebook but am so lonely. I have had bouts of depression since I was a teenager that have got worse. I've had counselling, CBT and anti depressants. I had a bad bereaved nearly 3 years ago and not been the same since. In Feb I overdosed on sleeping tablets but it only knocked me out (obviously .) I have been fired from more jobs than I can remember, recently was last week, I can't concentrate any more , I feel like I don't know what people are talking about. People take the mickey out of me as I am anorexic . I go out of my way to avoid everyone most of the time. I was working very long hours . I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow to find out if I am exhausted or the over dose has damaged my brain in some way. Meanwhile I have to decide wether to bother finding another job or just let go and starve to death cos I really don't think there is any point trying any more, I'm in loads of debt and lived on my own for 25 years.

Hi there and welcome to DWD. I'm really glad you've found us and hope that we can at least support you if you want us to.
    Can I ask how old you are? Are you having any support with your anorexia? I promise you, no one here will ever take the mickey out of you for any of your medical conditions..
    I'm really glad you're going to see your GP tomorrow - will you tell them everything and be honest about how you are feeling?
    Can you apply for benefits if you are now out of work?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Hi and welcome . I’m so sorry things are so tough, particularly at the moment. Well done for making the appointment with your GP, could you print out your post here to show to the doctor?

Sweetheart, there is always a way through. I know finding that way is so difficult but one of the key aspects is the support you have around you - and you will get that support here
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Misanthrope
    Thank you both for the replies. I am 45 . I don't have any support. From what I have read the support is key to getting better. But right now I don't want to. Anorexia is stronger than I am. I lost 2 stone in 3 months at the job but I kept messing up. I really can't be bothered any more when I know it always ends in disaster. Not received my p45 yet, they said I owe 2000 pound for training I had . I literally give up.

Well, you have support now. We’re here for you, lovely.

Have you spoken to anyone for advice re the £2000? Citizens Advice maybe?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Misanthrope
    Tbh I made a Dr appointment and have lounged about crying for nearly a week. I sleep a lot too. Will see what the Dr says, he is very blunt normally. Thanks for the support this really is an all time low.

Oh hunni... When's your appointment?

Hi Misanthrope, I'm glad you've made a docs appointment, please follow what Paula posted and print out what you posted here and take it to the docs.
    77 and counting, less of the "Old" call me "Mike"

How did your appointment go?

Misanthrope
    Thank you all for your concern. It was a new doctor and she was nice. My bmi is low but not hospitalization as long as I attend a health check next week so try not to loose any weight this week. I've still not received my p45 tho so can't sign on . I am not feeling too bad but once the boredom of not having a job kicks in I am going to go through hell. I will be in the library all day tomorrow applying for jobs but I find it mind numbing. I believe my depression stems from boredom and the anorexia is my coping mechanism.
    Thanks again for the support and hope I will be in a position to help other sufferers very soon .