I posted this on my Facebook page earlier:

First can I say that this post is NOT for a discussion on euthanasia, I will not have that sort of discussion on Facebook - it’s too emotive, too dividing. What this post is, is to express how saddened I am that a young woman, with her whole life ahead of her, was unable to find the right treatment and the right doctor who could help her pain. I’ve suffered with mental health illness almost all my life and know exactly what that pain was doing to her. I’ve never known life without it on my shoulder, waiting for the optimum moment to send me into another crisis. I’ve wanted to die (which is something I’ve never said publicly before) and, at those moments, saw death as mercy. I’ve been adamant that there was no way through for me. But, years ago, my psychiatrist told me that there is ALWAYS a way through. And he’s been constantly proved right. Yes, I’m never going to be completely free of this disease and my life is always going to be affected by it, but my life also has light and love and wonder - all things I would never have known if I’d died. This lovely girl will never know what it is to spend your life with the love of your life, she will never know the joy of becoming a mother. That makes me unbearably sad ......

The troubled 29-year-old helped to die by Dutch doctors http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/stories-45117163