Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone else on Sertraline?

I can't add anything to what Paula said about side effects.

I tend not to read lists of side effects because I can start imagining I've got them, depression does that to me it picks up on something and starts whispering in my ear isn't that such and such and before long my anxiety kicks in and I've convinced myself I'm suffering from goodness knows what.

Just see how it goes and if the symptoms/side effects worsen then see your GP.
    77 and counting, less of the "Old" call me "Mike"

CaterpillarGirl
    I mostly just have the tiredness and the nausea now, everything else seems to have stopped, and it's not constant so I think I can manage it. I'm a bit nervous about going to my mum's today because I keep spacing out every so often and I don't want her to notice anything because I'm really not ready to tell her yet

Why don’t you want to tell her?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

CaterpillarGirl
    Because I know she will worry about me and possibly blame herself

You your mum will probably notice you're not quite yourself so it might be better to tell her, though I totally understand about you not wanting to worry her.
    77 and counting, less of the "Old" call me "Mike"

6. The Following User Says Thank You to OldMike For This Useful Post:

Speaking from Mum's point of view.. We worry anyway It's much better to tell her what's actually happening, rather than her think what could be up and her imagine something so much worse... She loves you, let her help
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

Completely agree with Mike and Suzi
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

CaterpillarGirl
    I didn't tell her in the end, I did think about it because I completely understand where you guys are coming from but to be honest I'm not all that close with my mum due to some stuff from my childhood that I know but she doesn't know I know and it makes things kind of difficult. I would say she didn't notice anything anyway but she's not the sort that would come out and say it if she did, I think she may have some anxiety herself

Fair enough lovely....
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

CaterpillarGirl
    I'm still feeling really nauseous, it's making it difficult to get things done, gets worse at night so I'm not sleeping well at the moment... Can't wait for the tablets to kick in properly and do their thing!