Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone else on Sertraline?

CaterpillarGirl

Anyone else on Sertraline?

Anyone else that is taking Sertraline, how lon did it take before there were side effects? I'm feeling very nauseaous, dizzy and headachy and am just trying to figure out if I'm coming down with something or if it's from the tablets, I've only taken one so far a few hours ago so figure it's too early to start noticing any side effects?

I was on 50 mg sertraline for many years and couple of years ago had it upped to 100 mg, it was couple of months before I started to feel the benefit both when I initially started and when it was increased and side effects I got were severe heartburn, producing lots more pee and feeling muzzy headed. The side effects occurred very quickly so you need a couple of months to see if they suit you unless the side effects are too severe in which best to see your GP.
    77 and counting, less of the "Old" call me "Mike"

3. The Following User Says Thank You to OldMike For This Useful Post:

CaterpillarGirl
    I think I'm just coming down with something because I've gone really cold and very very tired... Just about to start work too! If any of it is side effects though I think I can cope, the side effects will wear off eventually right?

They do wear off though can take a while as we are all different.
    77 and counting, less of the "Old" call me "Mike"

6. The Following User Says Thank You to OldMike For This Useful Post:

CaterpillarGirl
    I felt better about ten minutes after I made that last post! Don't know what's going on with me, I'm just really hungry now, time to make tea

I'm on it too. I started it at the end of Feb - beginning of March. I had one anti-depressant to come off too, and yes it took a while for it to take effect. The side effects didn't last too long. I'm on a 75mg dose at the moment. It is really a game changer though. The old anti-d was horrendous for making me feel hungry. This one, doesn't seem to have that side effect, in fact I've lost 18 pounds since the middle of May.
    Please stick with it and give it a chance. Unfortunately, we are not medically trained, and everyone reacts differently too meds, so always take your doctors advice about changing meds and reducing doses.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to magie06 For This Useful Post:

CaterpillarGirl
    I know it will take a while to have any effect, I have every intention of sticking with it took me so long to get on it! I just wondered if anyone had had side effects start so soon after taking it. I think I was just regularly hungry before, I normally have a snack before I go to work but I didn't today because I felt so sick

Any negative side effects should die out within about 2 weeks..
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

CaterpillarGirl
    Unsure if it's a side effect from the meds but I woke up this morning with an awful throbbing in my ear, feels like my heart is beating in there! I had a look at the side effects list and it says ears ringing and ear pain but nothing about throbbing, whatever it is it needs to stop soon, it's only been two hours and it's already driving me mad!

The symptoms you’ve been having - cold, tired, nauseous, dizzy, headache, earache - are all pretty random for a physical virus imo so I’d imagine they’re more likely to be side effects. Having said that, if you’re worried, call your doctor. Also, take some painkillers and rest for a day or two
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.