Page 90 of 103 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192100 ... LastLast

Thread: Loneliness *SU Trigger*

Hoorah for end of AS! Has she got her work experience all sorted? What is she going to do?

Glad talking things through with your CPN helped love. It's good that she's got to meet A too. Does he feel happier knowing that he can call if he needs to?
    What's on your agenda today?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Morning, hunni. You must be on a completely different calendar to us - we’re on half term and exams start up again next week

How are you this morning?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Walker extraordinaire!
    So my daughter is really intelligent. GCSEs she got 7 As and 2Bs. However she does not want to follow an academic route, she loves working with her hands.... technology is her favourite subject. She designed and built a full size working beehive from scratch this year for her project. She would love to get an apprenticeship as a carpenter.
    She goes to a posh private all girls grammar school (on full scholarship, we couldn't afford it). As you might imagine they are not really on board with her career choices. We fully support her in whatever she wants to do (after all her dad was a carpenter) . So for work experience we couldn't get her with a carpenter but she is going out with a plumberbfor a week as she loves engineering type things as well. She is really looking forward to it.
    The school are horrified They pride themselves on educating young ladies.
    Check out my Calandoniacrochet Facebook page.

Librarian and chief holder of antiquities and biscuits Jaquaia's Avatar
    Academics isn't for everyone. to the school, she needs to find a career she will be happy with. I am an academic, I have a degree in Geography but I've never used it! J has an engineering degree and doesn't use it. Education isn't just academics.
    Tên përdu, jhamâi së rëcôbro

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Jaquaia For This Useful Post:

Strugglingmum (30-05-19)

You obviously pride yourself on educating your young lady to be whoever she wants to be
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

Strugglingmum (30-05-19)

I went to an all girls private school (assisted place lol) and I have a degree and I'm currently not using it either..
    One of my best friends was the first in our school to do DT A level and go on and do product design and she is now a manager and loving it!
    My little brother is a carpenter - it's how my dad started out when he was 15 as an apprentice chippy and he got to be site engineer for many years before he passed away.

It's so important to allow her to choose her own path!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

Strugglingmum (30-05-19)

Walker extraordinaire!
    https://m.facebook.com/groups/912022268881417?view=permalink&id=2281066985310265

If I said I enjoyed my run today I'd be lying. Soaked to the very knickers!!!
    However the rain did make sure I ran more of my journey than I normally do. Ran 2.5 miles of my 4 miles today
    Last edited by Suzi; 30-05-19 at 10:43 PM.

Sorry I tried to fix your picture, but I'm not sure why, but the link doesn't work... Ahha, did you post it in a private group by any chance?

Walker extraordinaire!
    That's quite possibly it!
    Ah well.... I tried