Page 8 of 103 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast

Thread: Loneliness *SU Trigger*

If your husband is anything like mine, he’d much rather you ‘worry’ him than bottled it all up. He knows your thoughts, lovely, so talking it through and being comforted by him is not going to change that.

Did you sleep?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Well done for not harming yesterday! That's great! Definitely talk to your husband. It's not "worry" is "support" and how can he be there for you if he doesn't know that you are struggling?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Walker extraordinaire!
    Thanks. I slept a bit better last night and was able to be up and kids out to school. Tea in the slow cooker washing on the line been to the shop. I seem to cope better when I keep very busy, only problem is I get tired so easily. Going to see if I can manage to pick up my crochet today and try to do a bit. My hands seem to freeze as if I don't know what to do or I'm scared of it or something. Same with knitting.

Wow you've done loads today! How old are your children? Did they get off to school OK?
    I always find with crochet that when things are tough, sticking to a simple granny square idea is often best. Means I achieve something, but it's simple enough that I don't have to concentrate too much itms?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

Strugglingmum (03-09-18)

Walker extraordinaire!
    Good idea. I had started a top for myself and have the front and back done but do need to concentrate on the pattern for the sleeves. A simple granny square baby blanket might be the way to go. Same with my knitting. I have a beautiful Aran sweater waiting 2 years to be finished since I got sick. Can't concentrate on the pattern.

You’re doing awesomely today
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

Strugglingmum (03-09-18)

How'd it go this afternoon love? I love Granny square blankets! You can make them as big as you want or as complicated or with as many squares as you want/need!

Walker extraordinaire!
    Awk I haven't settled to the crochet yet. I did attempt Mike's quiz mind you. Not a threat to princess sparkles in any way but it did entertain my mind for a while. I also phoned my team when I was really struggling for a while. Motivation way down the list. I'm hiding in bed at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Strugglingmum View Post
    Awk I haven't settled to the crochet yet. I did attempt Mike's quiz mind you. Not a threat to princess sparkles in any way but it did entertain my mind for a while. I also phoned my team when I was really struggling for a while. Motivation way down the list. I'm hiding in bed at the moment.
    The main thing is you had fun doing the quiz, Princess Sparkles has 2 wins but with five entrants anything can happen.
    77 and counting, less of the "Old" call me "Mike"

12. The Following User Says Thank You to OldMike For This Useful Post:

Strugglingmum (03-09-18)

Definitely good that you enjoyed the quiz! And you involved your team too! That's also an added positive!
    So proud of you!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

Strugglingmum (04-09-18)