Page 44 of 103 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494 ... LastLast

Thread: Loneliness *SU Trigger*

Walker extraordinaire!
    Have been very wiped today but have managed church this morning and this evening but had a 2hr nap in between.
    The thing with enjoying something as simple as having a meal with people is that it can cost so much for The next day and the day after etc.
    Learning what is worth the cost and what isn't is a big part of living with any chronic illness and I think I'm just beginning to understand that.
    Sometimes I get so frustrated at the things I haven't the energy or headspace for. I used to be such a whirlwind and a real force of nature. I saw nothing in my way and nothing was a task too big. Accepting that life is different now has been hard and tbh I'm not exactly sure I have accepted it fully. However in accepting that this is how it is now I also need to hope that it won't always be like this. It might never be what it was again but I need to hold on to the hope that it wont always be what it is now.
    I am learning to choose hope. The alternative is not that attractive.... I know I've been stuck there a long long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Strugglingmum View Post
    I am learning to choose hope.
    *beams from ear to ear*
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

Strugglingmum (04-02-19)

I am so seriously proud of you!!!! You are amazing!
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

Strugglingmum (04-02-19)

Very positive post there SMum we may not get things back the way they used to be but we can get to a better place (if that makes sense).
    77 and counting, less of the "Old" call me "Mike"

7. The Following User Says Thank You to OldMike For This Useful Post:

Strugglingmum (04-02-19)

Walker extraordinaire!

Update on my back

Appointment for the osteopath tomorrow. Although he does a lot of other therapies so he will do whatever he thinks best. A always gets some acupuncture when he goes. He also recommends a lot of natural remedies. I am a bit anxious about going as A has told him before about my mental health problems and he was keen to see me to try alternative therapies for it. I don't need any derailing at the moment , I'm just getting back on track. Will have to be strong and keep the focus on my back, although I have had alternative therapies for it before and its been great.
    Sorry waffling. That's the anxiety letting me know its there.
    I'm a strong mature woman who can say , "no thank you" I am, I am, I am.

Absolutely!!...go with your gut!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Flo For This Useful Post:

Strugglingmum (04-02-19)

I completely agree with you, adding something new may be something for a time in the future, but now is almost certainly not that time
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

Strugglingmum (04-02-19)

I agree too! Go, be strong and stay on track x
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

Strugglingmum (04-02-19)

Walker extraordinaire!
    Well i am well manipulated. A bit tender but in a different way than the pain before the appointment. He also did some general relaxation and showed me positions that naturally relax the body and cause you to breathe deeper and more effectively and therefore relax the body more. I also have exercises to do to help encourage and keep the new proper alignment. I had 3 issues in my pelvis, 1 at the lower end of my ribcage and 1 right up at my neck. I need to learn to relax properly ( no Sherlock) he has shown me ways to do that so hopefully it Will keep my body in better shape.

One of those ‘it gets worse before it gets better’ moments? I sympathise, lovely, I’m surgically attached to my heat pad tonight . Rest up, hun

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

Strugglingmum (05-02-19)