Page 34 of 103 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484 ... LastLast

Thread: Loneliness *SU Trigger*

How about start with something along the lines of..

A I need to talk to you. I need you to listen and not judge. I love you, I need you to know that, but my head is in a really bad place......
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

Allalone (13-01-19),Strugglingmum (14-01-19)

Walker extraordinaire!
    Had a bit of a meltdown tonight.
    My psychologist left me a message (on her day off) to say she is sick and won't be in tomorrow. She was poorly last week when i saw her but was struggling on. My meltdown was not about her but the realisation that the next mental health contact I have is on Thursday with my community mental health worker.
    Anyway, I just really felt I couldn't do the next couple of days. I had myself kind of psyched that I just had to get thru the weekend and I would get some help and then realised there was no help coming. I hit such a low. I am now in bed as being around the family is just too much at the moment but i know that there is a listening ear on the end of the phone if i need. Told Samaritans tonight that I felt guilty for phoning them so much this weekend but the guy said it was more than ok and to keep phoning anytime I felt I could not stay safe.
    Need so much sleep but so scared to sleep.

Oh hun. Please try and talk to A. I’m sure he’d rather know so he can support you, rather than you struggling on you own. You’re doing the right thing by phoning the Samaritans, I’m so proud of you for doing that. Could you not phone your GP tomorrow? Keep fighting you’re worth it.xx

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Allalone For This Useful Post:

Strugglingmum (14-01-19)

Can I just say that whatever you think A is going through, may not be as bad as you think. It was something similar to what I went through with my husband. I thought he had gone 'off' me, that he didn't find me attractive anymore and that we were heading towards splitting up. Turns out he was actually giving me space to recover and was afraid of aggregating my physical problems. It took therapy for all of this to come out, but we got there. And I know that you have the strength to get there too. Please don't give up.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to magie06 For This Useful Post:

Paula (14-01-19),Strugglingmum (14-01-19)

Hey hunni! I'm so sorry about your psychologist being off - especially with the rubbish worker you have too.
    Right, I'm going to be blunt.
    When Marc had his first breakdown I was terrified. I had no idea what was wrong with him and though that he was trying to tell me he didn't want to be with me/didn't want our 3rd one/hated living with me and our other 2/had found someone else etc etc etc When I finally broke down and actually talked to him and he talked back it really was so much easier for both of us to deal with - there were 2 of us, on the same page and fighting this beast together.
    I asked him one night if he still loved me and asked him to be honest. He explained to me that he had loved me before getting poorly and that he didn't know why that would have changed but that at that moment he didn't know if he loved anyone or anything. It was the hardest thing I had heard, but I told him that it was OK because I loved him enough for both of us and that we'd get through it together.
    Since then we fight his mental health and my physical health together. It really is much better and easier for both of us. I tell him when I'm struggling and having a low spoon day and he tells me when he's having a hard day. But we do it together.
    What I'm trying to say is talk to A. Whatever you tell him isn't as bad as what he's thinking and at least you can fight it together. Fighting it alone and keeping everything from the man you love is so exhausting.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

Jaquaia (14-01-19),Paula (14-01-19),Strugglingmum (14-01-19)

Hey you, how are you doing?

Walker extraordinaire!
    this morning I have been doing my usual of busy busy busy to try and stop my head getting the chance to take over. in the midst of the frantic ' find something to do' I managed to do a job I have been putting off for a year but I know it will help now that I've done it.
    Today I packed up the baby toys and put them back in the attic. I cried over every single one of them. The memories, the silly games and the cuddle times with the books. Its been over a year since they were played with and I knew it was time to accept that he wasn't coming back. My heart is so sore but I think the release of it all will help. Better to have been Nana for a little while than never been Nana at all. At least that is what I keep telling myself.

Anyway, cant move forward if there is too much dragging you back. having the toys out of sight will definitely help a bit. I'm trying to fill the space with something positive like my yarn stack. I think I've cried more today than I have in a year. Feeling fragile but yet a little bit stronger.

Oh sweetheart, I’m so sorry
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

Strugglingmum (16-01-19)

Librarian and chief holder of antiquities and biscuits Jaquaia's Avatar
    Crying can be cleansing
    Tên përdu, jhamâi së rëcôbro

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Jaquaia For This Useful Post:

Strugglingmum (16-01-19)

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Allalone For This Useful Post:

Strugglingmum (16-01-19)