Page 32 of 103 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282 ... LastLast

Thread: Loneliness *SU Trigger*

Walker extraordinaire!
    Hi all.
    As some of you know I've been really struggling since Christmas.
    However all I really wanted to say is that over past 24 hrs I have phoned The Samaritans 3 times.
    It's something I never thought I would need to do, its not even something I thought I could do but I just want you to know that if you ever feel like you have nowhere else to turn, these guys are amazing.
    Prepared to talk for as long as it takes, No judgement, just a listening ear with a bucketload of compassion. They have honestly helped to save my life today. I'm not being over dramatic, just stating the truth.
    I'm ok. I have plans in place to stay safe over the weekend and know I can phone them back as often as needed.
    Sometimes we don't get the help from where we expected it, or should expect it from but if you are ever in that place please give these guys a phone.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Strugglingmum For This Useful Post:

Allalone (11-01-19),Jaquaia (11-01-19),Paula (11-01-19),Suzi (11-01-19)

Librarian and chief holder of antiquities and biscuits Jaquaia's Avatar
    You're amazing. I want to volunteer as a listener myself when I'm in a better place. Keep fighting lovely, you will get there
    Tên përdu, jhamâi së rëcôbro

Hey. Just wanted to say how incredibly proud I am of you. Well done for reaching out. You deserve to be here. You truly are amazing. I've never said but I know how fantastic Samaritans are too. If you feel up to it try and have a chat with Ali. When we are both well we need to meet. Love you hun.x

well done, lovely, that takes incredible strength to make that call
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

That proves that you want to live hunni. You can get through this. I am so proud of you for making that call. You are amazing.
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Walker extraordinaire!
    Have kept so so busy today. Been to the town to do the shopping. Home, all packed away. The 5 of us sat down and ate breakfast together. When I came home from shopping they heard the porridge pot go on and just kept arriving. Every so often more oats had to go in and more milk!! Lol. Still nice to all have brekkie together, its normally teatime before we sit down together. Made a pot of potato and leek soup, a pot of spiced butternut squash soup and a quiche from scratch....yes I had a lot of veg to use up. Chicken roasting in the oven as it was a whooopsie in Asda and needed cooking today. dishwasher loaded. 2nd load of washing in. i am now shattered and my back is sore. Cleaning can wait a while. Going to see if I can get an hour nap. Do feel a bit on autopilot but have avoided suicidal thoughts by keeping moving.

Sounds like you’ve got enough made to feed us all on here or at least 1 extra(mentioning no names...) *coughing ‘me’* lol
    You could probably do with taking it easy this afternoon so if you can have a nap that would be good. Have you got plans for this evening? You’re doing well.xx

Walker extraordinaire!
    Had 40 mins nap. Up chicken out of the oven, dishwasher unloaded, refilled and back on, last load of washing on and just lit fire. Going to sit down with a cuppa now and watch tv (if there is anything on) and do a bit of crochet. Hands and mind busy.
    I would post you some soup but it might get a bit cold on the way there

40 mins is better than nothing. It’s good you’ve got crochet to keep you distracted, I’m no good with things like that. I’ll heat it up when it arrives! We don’t even have deliveroo here so I can’t even suggest that!! I was going to take Ted out for a walk but just looked outside and have decided against it, it’s horrible here, windy and drizzly rain. I’ll sit myself back down!

Wow, you've done so much - not surprised you needed a nap! I hope you're resting now...
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!