Page 26 of 103 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676 ... LastLast

Thread: Loneliness *SU Trigger*

Librarian and chief holder of antiquities and biscuits Jaquaia's Avatar
    Yep! Same conversation with J many, many times. He just tells me I need to try harder to get rid of him
    Tên përdu, jhamâi së rëcôbro

Quote Originally Posted by Strugglingmum View Post
    I ended up just dissolving into tears all over my husband. Quickly turned to sobbing and me pouring out how awful I was feeling about being a weight round his neck and useless etc etc etc.
    He said he had no idea how frustrated I was with myself and how low I was feeling about feeling inadequate and of no use to man nor beast. He listened and tried to reassure me that he loves me whatever. He is so so good that I feel so guilty that he is lumbered with me. He deserves so much better
    He's awesome. He's also right.
    However I've had the same conversation with Marc time and time again - especially when some other part of me breaks. BUT I can see it from both sides because he has said the same to me about him with his mental health and I can't tell him enough that actually I love him, all of him. Yes he does things that p(ss me off (snoring, leaving teaspoons balanced on the edge of the sink, falling asleep in odd places and then saying he isn't asleep all whilst snoring) and although I wish he didn't have to fight with the stuff in his head every day I absolutely adore him. He is the kindest and most lovely man on the planet.
    You see, if it was the other way round for you would you stop loving him because he was poorly? What if you had a physical illness? Would you expect him to stop loving you?
    Stop being so harsh on yourself.. Have you ever done the exercise where you find 5 things about you that you love (here we start with don't hate about yourself)? Give it a go....
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Hey. How are you? Not heard from you today. Thinking about you.xx

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Allalone For This Useful Post:

Strugglingmum (20-11-18)

Hope it's been a good day lovely.

Walker extraordinaire!
    Too shattered to even think of the New Year but hope you all have a peaceful start to the New year.

Hope that means you're getting some rest in and being kind to yourself....

Walker extraordinaire!
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzi View Post
    Hope that means you're getting some rest in and being kind to yourself....
    I wish. Hasn't been a great week and I have absolutely no spoons left, in fact I think I'm in deficit if that is possible. However I have a lot of promises to carry thru on, including going out tonight.

Hope you're planning on building in rest days love....

Walker extraordinaire!
    Unfortunately there is no time For rest days.
    I realised today that I haven't taken my antidepressants for a week. I have no idea how to get back on them as I will have to build up dose again. I'm going to have to wait til I can speak to my gp later in the week to see what dose to start on. Actually don't feel like I want to go back on them at all. I was walking down the stairs today with my arms full and thought how easy it would be to just throw myself down them. Too tired for all this effort.

Sweetheart, not taking the ADs will have a huge impact on your mood and is probably why you’re struggling so much with everything right now. You have to get back on them. Please, please, please either call the out of hours GP service or go to A&E today. Please
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

Strugglingmum (01-01-19)