Page 98 of 103 FirstFirst ... 488896979899100 ... LastLast

Thread: Loneliness *SU Trigger*

You'll get it all sorted and it'll be brilliant. How long is the camp for?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Walker extraordinaire!
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzi View Post
    You'll get it all sorted and it'll be brilliant. How long is the camp for?
    Each camp is a week. We do one at start of July for our Juniors (8-12) and then another later in July for our Inters (11-16) .
    Check out my Calandoniacrochet Facebook page.

You’re experienced at this, you know what you’re doing. You’ve got this, gorgeous
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

Strugglingmum (23-06-19)

You can do this I'm sure! Sounds like fun!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

Strugglingmum (23-06-19)

Is this an actual camp with tent, sleeping bags, open fires, sing songs early mornings and late nights?

Walker extraordinaire!
    Quote Originally Posted by magie06 View Post
    Is this an actual camp with tent, sleeping bags, open fires, sing songs early mornings and late nights?
    Yes to everything except the tents. We rent a school building and set up dorms in the classrooms. We do sports, crafts, outings, fun games and activities. It is a Christian camp so lots of singing etc. I'm camp cook so it's a real busy week for me but I love it.
    Today I sorted the craft stuff out. We are doing glass painting and then a smaller craft at the end of the week if they finish their glass early. Lots of organising this week.
    Tomorrow i have a review with my psych consultant. I'm thinking they may suggest changing my meds, either type or dose so I'm a bit worried at doing that just before camp.

You could always tell them that and ask to postpone the change until after the camp?

Your camp sounds wonderful. I used to be really involved with girl guides and after I became a unit leader, I set about getting my qualifications to be able to bring them camping. It's so wonderful to see children and young people, who have everything done at home, become so independent while away from home. It's the most thing I miss since I stepped back from guiding.

Walker extraordinaire!
    Psych review today.
    As I thought they have changed my dose. I'm ok with doing that. I was worried they woud want to change tablet which would mean weaning down of one and starting another. We are going to keep trying the Sertraline at a higher dose.
    She also insisted that I took some night sedation for a couple of weeks as my sleep is so bad recently. I did get a nap this afternoon though so that helps although I feel guilty for just yelling at the dog for barking at nothing. I really am tetchy.... evidence I need sleep I guess. The kids just give me 'those looks' and cuddled the dog a bit tighter. Feeling like a real heel. Everyone may give me a wide berth. Pick up my new script tomorrow so hopefully Tuesday night will be sleep night.

We all have days like that, sweetie, and if you’re short on sleep it’s not surprising you’re irritable. Well done for being honest at the psych review
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

Strugglingmum (25-06-19)