Page 71 of 103 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381 ... LastLast

Thread: Loneliness *SU Trigger*

Mira
    I know what you mean, I would feel guilty too. But you did not stay in bed or watched TV. You did your thing. So indeed, nothing to feel guilty about.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Mira For This Useful Post:

Strugglingmum (23-04-19)

Walker extraordinaire!
    Today was very peopley but I'm really pleased with myself that I chatted and enjoyed the day. About 100 people from our church went to a local forest park for a picnic. I actually contented myself to go on the walk and then sit with a group for our picnic. I did develop a tension headache on the way home but I lasted the day. My husband is talking about trying to get concrete delivered tomorrow for foundation's for a wall for our new patio. It will be all hands to the wheelbarrows for us. I'm nearly hoping they can't deliver.
    Check out my Calandoniacrochet Facebook page.

Reading how busy you were yesterday, I hope they can't deliver today too!
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

Strugglingmum (24-04-19)

If it's moving barrow loads of concrete, I think I'd arrange to be out, you need strong young men for that caper
    77 and counting, less of the "Old" call me "Mike"

7. The Following User Says Thank You to OldMike For This Useful Post:

Strugglingmum (24-04-19)

I’m so proud of you
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

Strugglingmum (24-04-19)

Walker extraordinaire!
    Been a busy day with the crochet hook. Concrete was delivered and in. We had a fantastically helpful lorry driver who did as much manoeuvring as he could so there was minimal wheel barrowing. ..... phew!! Changed the bed today...yes I'm a slob and it's a job that often overwhelms me. But i can't wait to get into the fresh sheets tonight so it made me smile. A is still on hols so he helped me remake the bed which was a big bonus. The rain has started here....I guess the sun is over. On a positive I don't need to water the veg plot.
    I really think that this new medication is helping and I'm feeling a bit more stable on it. I think I've another 10 days and then increase it.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Strugglingmum For This Useful Post:

OldMike (24-04-19)

Librarian and chief holder of antiquities and biscuits Jaquaia's Avatar
    That's brilliant!!!
    Tên përdu, jhamâi së rëcôbro

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Jaquaia For This Useful Post:

Strugglingmum (24-04-19)

That’s so fantastic to hear
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

Strugglingmum (24-04-19)

That is so brilliant!
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

Strugglingmum (24-04-19)

Walker extraordinaire!
    So this may make me sound very pathetic but it's honest and real. Since I took ill I have really struggled with conversation. I seem to have completely lost the art of small talk or just being able to be interested enough to want to converse with anyone for any length of time. Considering how much conversation was involved in my previous career I couldn't understand how I could think of absolutely nothing to say. I have spent so much time feeling so awkward because I have no conversation...and no real desire to get involved in talking to people. People have thought me rude, boring, stand offish etc. We have lost friends, acquaintances. I have lost the art of being a good friend. I i have 1 good friend who has stood by me but it feels like I am starting from scratch to try and make friends.
    I think I am starting to notice a slight improvement. I can at least try and make an effort now. I'm nowhere near where I would like to be but a bit better. Not being able to have a conversation. Who would come up with this as a symptom of depression yet it has had a huge impact on my life.