Page 103 of 103 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103
Results 1,021 to 1,026 of 1026

Thread: Loneliness *SU Trigger*

Walker extraordinaire!
    We do Inters camp in 2 weeks. Slightly older kids, 11-16.
    I do really enjoy camp and enjoy the kids. At our junior camp we had some issues that happen when you have a lot of kids together and away from home. Homesickness, clash of personalities, some trying to get one up on others etc etc, it all sounds silly and little things but when you are the one ultimately in charge and running the camp, you end up dealing and having to get involved in every issue and decision. It's just draining. I wouldn't change it and as A says I just want it to be an enjoyable experience for every kid so I will go the extra Mile to try and sort all issues and make sure they are all happy.
    Also this year I had a bit of attittude from some young leaders who wouldn't listen and wanted to do their own thing.... we have a programme for a reason!!!
    Anyway, I had to tell them that I would not be taking them along to Inters camp. It was hard, stressful and a horrible thing to have to do. I'm not great at confrontation and it takes a lot out of me....l. but the kids will always come first and the smooth running of the camp for everyone's happiness and safety and well-being.
    This all sounds negative but I honestly did enjoy most of it and A got his eyes opened as to how much work Camp is.
    Check out my Calandoniacrochet Facebook page.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Strugglingmum For This Useful Post:

I’m impressed that you made that decision about the young leaders. The welfare of kids at both camps is vital. Well done, hunni
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

Strugglingmum (07-07-19)

That's brilliant that you stood up for what you believe is the right call. It'd have been easy to have just let them go. Well done!
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

Strugglingmum (07-07-19)

Walker extraordinaire!
    Much love to you all. Xx
    Check out my Calandoniacrochet Facebook page.

You OK love?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

How are you today?