Page 95 of 103 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697 ... LastLast

Thread: Loneliness *SU Trigger*

Walker extraordinaire!
    That's a beautiful idea Mira.
    We have had a nice day together. I took everyone out for dinner and we had a couple of drinks each too. I very rarely drink so I came home and slept for a couple of hours. It's been nice. Watched an old movie. I really needed a nice family day.
    Check out my Calandoniacrochet Facebook page.

Sounds lovely . How are you today?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Love lovely family days. How are you today hunni?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Walker extraordinaire!
    I didn't go to the centre today as I just needed me time. A is off today too so I've been getting some jobs done.... cleaning out undersink cupboards etc. A is away to see his mum now and told me to sit. Lol. I'm trying.
    My psychologist phoned me this morning. She is back from sick leave so I'm seeing her tomorrow morning. I'm pleased to see her as I really need to talk out the visit with my father.
    In less than 2 weeks we take our youth away to camp. I am camp cook but I also do the organising of the camp. Tonight I'm off to my friend's so we can sort dorms, groups rotas etc. I have my menu done and just need to do all the food ordering. I am feeling a bit overwhelmed with everything but I think tonight will sort a lot and I can breathe!!

Glad you two have spent some time together..
    Hooray for your psychologist!
    Hope you've get a really easy menu and you can always get others to help! What's on your menu?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

When I was a teenager my parents helped run summer Christian youth camps and I remember how joyful and exhausting it was for them. I think you’re incredible for doing this
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Walker extraordinaire!
    Today I am really sad.
    My friends little granddaughter died yesterday. She hadn't had her 3rd birthday and her whole life has been one of her winning battle after battle.
    Evie was a twin. Soon after birth it became apparent that she had a liver condition. She had surgery but eventually needed a liver transplant. She was lucky enough to get a lobe of an adult liver from someone who had died.
    The donor had died with cancer and unfortunately Evie developed cancer from her transplanted liver. She began cycles of chemo and actually then got a new liver (another transplant).
    Unfortunately the cancer had too strong a hold. Yesterday she went to be with Jesus.
    Precious little warrior princess. Rest easy. Your battle is over. We weep for you because you fought so hard and put a smile on all our faces with your giggle. We will miss you.

Mira
    This is so sad

Walker extraordinaire!
    Sorry. Maybe I shouldn't have shared all that. I don't want to make others sad.

Mira
    No you should share it. Yes it is sad. But in sharing this you keep her memory alive. And that warms my heart. Please dont stop sharing things because they are sad.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Mira For This Useful Post:

Suzi (19-06-19)