Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What's the point?

Quote Originally Posted by Sissy View Post
    Hey there, I am rather new forum user and we probably don't know each other at all yet. I don't want to nag about alcohol since others already mentioned it, I simply say I kinda see it lifts your selfesteem and pushes away feelings. But then that all comes back morning after.

I think you had a good idea in helping others in gardening, because every one needs that feeling their work - no matter what kind of work- is needed. Recover from your minor meeting with the ground and then do what you were planning to. Pretty much every one has done something not so smart while drunk, so let's say that was one of those things in life my guy (I refer to him as Le dude) calls "oh sh*t moments". Le dude is a heavy drinker and injures him self alot while drinking, so sadly I am abit too familiar with those injuries.

But hope your medication is changed to something that better helps you, and you get to do something that makes you feel joy again. To me it has been taking care of animals. When I was just diagnosed and no medication I had tried that far had helped me, I spent most of my time volunteerily working in local cat shelter. It made a difference. Not only to cats, but to the shelter staff and myself as well. That's where I got my crazy cat lady starter kit, and realised what was the thing in life I needed for my own happiness. So more than anything else right now I hope you find that sparkle for you. Let it be gardening, helping people, or anything that makes you feel good. And please let us try to support you. Not only because it hopefully helps you, but it helps us others as well.
    Hi Sissy.

Really sorry for the delay in thanking you for you lovely, thoughtful and wise post. I have been in a lot of pain and codeined up so not ideal for typing! I saw the surgeon on Monday. Although it is quite a well displaced fracture he thinks I may get away without surgery. I have a review in a couple of weeks. I am a fool though. I don't learn my lessons. My sister calls me Frank Spencer and friend Mr Topsy Turvy! Weird ly my mood has lifted a little as the pain has worked as a cognitive distraction. I'm trying to be healthy and engage in gentle exercises may go to the Spa tomorrow.

You are correct about finding a purpose and validation. That's what I have to do next. I have a few leads like gardening etc I also love animals and especially cats. I miss mine. She died a few years back nearly 20 years old! I'd like another but have no space here.

I have a backpacking trip booked for Eastern Europe in about 10 days, hopefully the pain will be manageable. I do need to mature a bit though and not cycle intoxicated. Next time it could be my brain or spine. I'm going to try Escitalopram on my return and carry on with the ACT. You're correct Suzi it is a good therapy.

I wholeheartedly agree with all the suggestions and sentiments.

Thanks Paula and Suzi for the good wishes too. Hope you're well.

Bye for now and be well.

M

Glad your appointment went well with the surgeon lovely.
    Where abouts are your backpacking? Take loads and loads of photos and make millions of memories x
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

Mattypompy (20-08-18)

Hi Suzi,

Going to Bratislava and Budapest. Just got a new good Smartphone as bent the other one in the accident! Contract was nearly up anyway. I'm going on my own but it should be interesting if I actually get on the plane lol

Food and drink is quite cheap so, let's get after it!

Be well M

Sounds like an amazing opportunity
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

OO I loved Budapest when I went many years ago! Make sure you go and look round the indoor markets and the baths, climb the mountain and definitely go round the castle district!

Thanks Ladies. I may go in the baths for therapy for my shoulder.

Absolutely!