Thread: Hi *SU Trigger*

Walker extraordinaire!

Post Hi *SU Trigger*

Hi. Been following your Facebook page for a while enjoying the posts and try to take part in Fab 5 on a Friday so thought I would come over and join the website. I'm new to blogs/forums etc so excuse me if I don't know the jargon.
    I've been battling depression for over 4 years now.i have a lovely husband and 3 great kids, 20 , 17, 16. Thankfully I know you guys are not going to ask THAT question....so what have you got to be depressed about. Most days I do ok but just home from hospital yesterday after my 3rd suicide attempt. Feeling very fragile and lonely even with my family. We told the kids I was in this time cos my change in meds had sent my bloods haywire. My youngest does not cope at all well with my illness. Anyway, that's me. Still here. Trying to work out how I feel about that. Fighting again.

Hi and welcome DWD . I’ve added a trigger warning to your thread - it’s not a problem, it’s just so members who might find it triggering have the option to avoid the thread.

I’m so glad you’ve made your way over from the fb Page and don’t worry about forum jargon/etiquette - I was completely clueless when I joined a few years ago and am now one of the mod team (and don’t break the forum that often anymore )

It sounds like you’re in a similar position to me - I have a wonderful supportive husband and 2 kids (aged 20 and 17). I know how hard it is to answer THAT question when I know I’ve got a life most would give their right arm for. Depression just doesn’t work like that though ..... I’m so glad you came home from hospital and have found us here. No matter how it seems sometimes, you are loved and your wonderful family need you
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

OldMike (02-08-18),Strugglingmum (02-08-18)

Hi Strugglingmum welcome to DWD
    77 and counting, less of the "Old" call me "Mike"

5. The Following User Says Thank You to OldMike For This Useful Post:

Strugglingmum (02-08-18)

Hi and welcome! I'm so glad you came over to us!
    Sweetheart, we will NEVER ask that question!
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

Strugglingmum (03-08-18)

Walker extraordinaire!
    Thanks for the welcome. Yip you made me cry. Long time since I felt accepted just the way I am

You are more than welcomed, you are accepted, and cared about just as you are. IF you can take us all as we are.... I don't judge. I'm not perfect, my life hasn't been perfect, so I don't proclaim to be able to sit in judgement on anyone..
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

Strugglingmum (05-08-18)